tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Paddy Jackson - still looking for a new team - Page 47 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
Advocating for victims of sexual violence is commendable work.

I fail to see how trying to ruin PJ’s life is going to help anyone though. Am I missing something?

Also on locker room talk. I’ve been in many locker rooms in my time. Yes, there was lots of talk about sex and so on, but not once did I ever hear anyone condone violence against women. If anything, I was brought up in a culture that abhorred violence against women.

I have a feeling these people don’t really know what locker room talk is.
So have I. And tbphwy I have been shocked by some of the talk.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:15 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
So have I. And tbphwy I have been shocked by some of the talk.
Well then, you had a very different experience to me.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump View Post
Well then, you had a very different experience to me.
Maybe greengrass plays camogie? i have heard some of the "banter" in female dressing rooms is off the charts,
Old 11-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Maybe greengrass plays camogie? i have heard some of the "banter" in female dressing rooms is off the charts,
You mean women might talk about men in a sexual way when it’s just women together?

I’m shocked,

And outraged.

But mostly shocked.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Senior PROC Member

I've never heard anyone when I was playing rugby or soccer call it a "locker room".

Go home yank.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
Linda Hayden Social Democrat shared an event.
10 hrs ·
Folks as a lot of you know I do a large amount of advocacy work for victims of sexual violence. Having been a survivor of rape myself I feel that sometimes as a society we ignore some bad behaviours and accept "locker room talk" as just lads being lads. Sometimes for people like me, it is impossible to ignore this, and I most certainly feel that some of the men involved in the Belfast Rape trial, should not be in positions where they are held up as role models to young people. I have organised a peaceful protest in Cork for Friday night, where Paddy Jackson's latest club, London Irish are due to play a friendly with Munster Rugby. Here are some articles and a radio interview, along with details of the protest for anybody who wishes to join us. #IStillBelieveHer

https://www.facebook.com/events/1348740875301321/?ti=as
I have massive sympathy for any girl who finds herself in a situation where she believes a man (or men) have used their power to take advantage of her sexually.

But the case went to court, excrutiating detail was explored, and a verdict was reached. We have to accept the outcome.

It's taking it to the extreme I know*...but imagine the uproar if Jackson was found guilty and PJ fans subsequently picketed her workplace with #IStillBelieveHim placards?

* and we shouldn't forget that women are overwhelmingly the victims of sexual violence & I appreciate that securing a conviction in a rape case is often a challenging matter
Old 11-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
I've never heard anyone when I was playing rugby or soccer call it a "locker room".

Go home yank.
Good point.

I have slapped myself on the face twice for using this term too.

Dressing rooms for the win.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
I have massive sympathy for any girl who finds herself in a situation where she believes a man (or men) have used their power to take advantage of her sexually.

But the case went to court, excrutiating detail was explored, and a verdict was reached. We have to accept the outcome.

It's taking it to the extreme I know*...but imagine the uproar if Jackson was found guilty and PJ fans subsequently picketed her workplace with #IStillBelieveHim placards?

* and we shouldn't forget that women are overwhelmingly the victims of sexual violence & I appreciate that securing a conviction in a rape case is often a challenging matter
Good post.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Senior PROC Member

I think the point that nobody was out picketing when a guy found guilty of being part of a gang rape was playing was very well made.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
I think the point that nobody was out picketing when a guy found guilty of being part of a gang rape was playing was very well made.
It's a case of picking and choosing what you are outraged about.
Rank hypocrisy.

Bottom line, Jackson was cleared in court. He has lost his job and had to move out of Ireland on the basis of one WhatsApp message 'There was a lot of spit last night'.
Now he continues to be persecuted by people like Linda and co.
When do you say enough is enough and his continued harrassment needs to stop.