Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2012, 06:41 PM

Default Anthony Stokes & RIRA

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ltic-1-2671302

vs

http://www.herald.ie/news/celtic-sta...n-3314491.html

Scotsman has him down as a RIRA supporter & childhood friend of Alan Ryan (even though there was a significant age gap).

Stokes' defends himself on twitter as reported by the Herald.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcork View Post
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ltic-1-2671302

vs

http://www.herald.ie/news/celtic-sta...n-3314491.html

Scotsman has him down as a RIRA supporter & childhood friend of Alan Ryan (even though there was a significant age gap).

Stokes' defends himself on twitter as reported by the Herald.
In fairness these barstoolers are'nt the smartest.

Half of them still thing that we are being oppressed by "Crown Forces" as
they watch Sky sports and read The Sun whilst eating a Marks & Spencers Chicken Tandoori.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:08 PM

Stokes' father has long been associated with criminal activities in national news. I don't know if there is a whole lot in Anthonys 'friendship' with Ryan.

If any player is involved in criminal activity I'm sure Celtic will deal with it appropriately. There's no place for it. Sure we will see how things pan out if Stokes sues the journalist.
l
Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 PM

I heard Stokes will be making a cameo appearance in Love/Hate next week as one of those topless irish dancer rira men.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Seriously - All joking aside;

This young lad needs to make his position clear. He's at Celtic for God's sake and there can be no place for sectarianism at that club.

He has defended himself by saying that he was at the event to help raise money for funeral expenses for the family.

This is a bit of a stretch, but he needs to clarify his overall position.

These guys are the geniuses that brought us Omagh and they are as likely to shoot piazza delivery boys from Poland as soldiers. Apart from the fact that they are anti-democratic and criminal - they're just not very good at terrorism and are more likely to kill civillians than 'crown forces' (which includes the democratically sanctioned, accepted police force of NI, the PSNI).
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

A scumbag at home at a scumbag sawker club. Wasn't Stokes's old fella protesting the Queen's visit and warned her that if she came in to his pub that she wouldn't be served. I bet it broke her heart that she couldn't have a gargle in a dogrough shithole pub with scumbag Dubs. And I wonder how Stokes's old fella came by the money to buy the pub in the first place.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 PM

the horrible shithole is now closed clf.players lounge,more like goughers lounge
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLF View Post
A scumbag at home at a scumbag sawker club. Wasn't Stokes's old fella protesting the Queen's visit and warned her that if she came in to his pub that she wouldn't be served. I bet it broke her heart that she couldn't have a gargle in a dogrough shithole pub with scumbag Dubs. And I wonder how Stokes's old fella came by the money to buy the pub in the first place.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcork View Post
Seriously - All joking aside;

This young lad needs to make his position clear. He's at Celtic for God's sake and there can be no place for sectarianism at that club.
What has sectarianism got to do with it?
Old 04-12-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Stokes' father has long been associated with criminal activities in national news. I don't know if there is a whole lot in Anthonys 'friendship' with Ryan.

If any player is involved in criminal activity I'm sure Celtic will deal with it appropriately. There's no place for it. Sure we will see how things pan out if Stokes sues the journalist.
l
Stepdad not that it matters

Don't think this bit of news will have gone down ok upstairs at the club but as goals have been scarce Lennon might keep him until the summer