tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Moving to Youghal - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-09-2019, 10:03 PM

Default Moving to Youghal

Could be buying a gaff in Youghal. Priced out of the city. Is it on the up again? Is it a dead end town? Few nice pubs and cafes? Anyone any insight who's living there now? Is a commute to the city do-able?

I like the idea of the big beach, fresh air, nice scenery and the opening of the greenway there. But a bit worried that it's a still dead-end place that will never recover...
Old 30-09-2019, 10:09 PM
PROC Member

IMO Youghal is on the up. They've one of the top cinemas in the country now, an excellent local radio station in CRY Youghal, and there are nice spots for food as as Clancys and Aherns. Good big Tesco up the Waterford end of the town with lots of parking, and there's a SuperValu right in the centre of town.

The Walter Raleigh is thriving and was recently sold by that Meath fella who was running it, it's the place to be if you have an event or just want a good Sunday lunch.

The place is lovely, but as for the commute question, forget about it. That road between Cork and Youghal is an absolute disaster. Anyone travelling to Cork from Middleton, Killeagh, Castlemartyr, Youghal, Dungarvan, or Waterford uses it, and it's congested 100% of the time. I use it a lot and its a fucking pain.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:15 PM

Everyone I know from Youghal left it.
Just saying like.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:41 PM

The commute is a problem alright. I could swing one day from home but that's about it. Probably not much to do but hera I'm aman of simple pleasures.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Spanker View Post
Could be buying a gaff in Youghal. Priced out of the city. Is it on the up again? Is it a dead end town? Few nice pubs and cafes? Anyone any insight who's living there now? Is a commute to the city do-able?

I like the idea of the big beach, fresh air, nice scenery and the opening of the greenway there. But a bit worried that it's a still dead-end place that will never recover...
drive through Youghal about 9pm on a week night in the middle of november with a south easterly blowin in with mist ..you will make your mind up then.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:36 AM
PROC Member

Looking myself as I'm planning to return home in 2020 finally.

West Cork seems to have some great homes for reasonable prices. East Cork seems pricier for some God knows reason. May be easier to get to the city from West aswell.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:40 AM
PROC Member

Here's one stupid example in Youghal btw. 145k to live in a ground floor apt...are they on drugs or what.

https://www.daft.ie/cork/apartments-...l-cork-2274578
Old 01-10-2019, 06:05 AM

Default Youghal

I bought a house in youghal in 2014 and have never looked back. Exceptional value for example our house was originally 380,000 when they were built and we paid 167,000. Bought at the right time and one of the lucky ones. I commute to little island every day and it takes 30 minutes in the morning and 35-40 minutes going home in the evening. It could take that long to get from the city to carrigaline with the traffic in the evenings.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:37 AM
PROC Member

Youghal is a great place but the greenway is a stupid idea.

Extend the train and let people leave their cars at home.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:57 AM

Default Youghal

Complete agree that the greenway is a stupid idea as the train tracks are still in place. Also a green way is suppose to be scenic whereas the proposed route between midleton and youghal is just ditches and fields either side.