tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Ashling Thompson, Cork Camogie player ! - Page 51 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 07-02-2020, 10:35 PM
Maps Maps is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 271
Default

A mass murderer in the waiting possibly?
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 07-02-2020, 10:43 PM
One One is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 24,584
Default

She faced no censure for her actions, largely it would seem on the basis of her being an inter county camogie player.

Partly also because her victim didn't follow up on medical treatment (ycnmiu).

She would do well to stop with the hard luck story and gripes with the press , acknowledge her wrongdoing and move on with her career.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 07-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Matlock Matlock is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 48,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic92 View Post
Totally and utterly about herself and self absorbed to an embarrassing point.
It is an article about her though, who else would be about?
__________________
Minister for Justice
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 07-02-2020, 10:59 PM
One One is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 24,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
It is an article about her though, who else would be about?
I think tbh that Aishling made a bit of a mistake.

Granted she got a lot more coverage than Jane Soap who clocked two girls in a club but that is the cost of being a minor celebrity.

I find it very distasteful that she is putting her depressive episodes front and centre in an attempt to distract from her nightclub assaults.

She would be a lot better off (imo) doing a mea culpa and not bashing the press whose previous attentions helped with the sponsorship deals she is sore about losing.

Erra I don't give a fiddlers but tbh her woe is me routine rings hollow after she avoided a criminal record after acting the Mick in a nightclub.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 07-02-2020, 11:27 PM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maps View Post
A mass murderer in the waiting possibly?
Said nobody.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 07-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Ianthecreepyrat Ianthecreepyrat is offline
Banned
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
I read it myself earlier. While I felt somewhat sympathetic for the tough times she went through, my feeling was that she was a bit flippant about her aggressive nature, addressing how she uses it in a positive way on the field, but not how it has been a problem off it.

Openly admitting that she hasn't sought professional help seems a bit of a red flag too. I'd hope that she can deal with all the shit that goes on in her head once she packs in the Camogie.
Fair enough synopsis, Cloudy
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 08-02-2020, 12:49 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
I think tbh that Aishling made a bit of a mistake.

Granted she got a lot more coverage than Jane Soap who clocked two girls in a club but that is the cost of being a minor celebrity.

I find it very distasteful that she is putting her depressive episodes front and centre in an attempt to distract from her nightclub assaults.

She would be a lot better off (imo) doing a mea culpa and not bashing the press whose previous attentions helped with the sponsorship deals she is sore about losing.

Erra I don't give a fiddlers but tbh her woe is me routine rings hollow after she avoided a criminal record after acting the Mick in a nightclub.
Bit of a mistake?
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 08-02-2020, 12:51 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2,088
Default

Only a matter of time before next incident .
I do hope I'm wrong but
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 11-02-2020, 08:52 PM
North Cork Star North Cork Star is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 582
Default

”You could be Mother Teresa, and you could give everything that you have to a charity, and somebody will still have a problem with it."

https://fal.cn/36pSJ

Aishling Thompson comparing herself to Mother Theresa...
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 11-02-2020, 08:56 PM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Cork Star View Post
”You could be Mother Teresa, and you could give everything that you have to a charity, and somebody will still have a problem with it."

https://fal.cn/36pSJ

Aishling Thompson comparing herself to Mother Theresa...
That's clearly not a comparison.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.