tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official EURO 2020 thread - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 23-03-2019, 09:03 PM

Morata’s misses ajout 10 chances, jokeshop
Old 23-03-2019, 09:08 PM

Dreadful backpass by Nordveit, Morata wins a pen, Ramos converts it with a panenka
Old 23-03-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
I think we will win on Tuesday. Not condoning that sort of performance but there was fuck all for Ireland to gain there tonight on a plastic pitch in a gale. A win is a win and I expect us to rise our performance at home on Tuesday against a better side. McCarthy was honest in his summary of things and hopefully we will see a reaction Tuesday.

Bear in mind that I wasn’t in favour of him getting the job in the first place so I’m not here to protect him but I liked his honesty after and hope to see much better Tuesday in more accommodating conditions. We got outplayed by Georgia under MON but I can see us beating them 2-0 on Tuesday. We aren’t great and won’t outplay many teams but we won’t lack team spirit or fight under Mick.
Shabby
C'mon please. Nothing to play for? Goal Difference? Switzerland Denmark even Georgia are in the playoffs.
2nd lowest ranked team in Europe and a 1-0 win is fine with you?
We haven't a fuckin notion of qualifying and then we get Kenny. Delaney has not gone away.
Maguire shocking Mc Goldrick not much better against a shite team but we blame it on the wind and the pitch.
Glen Whelan in the squad. 3 pts nonsense IMO do you honestly think Switzerland Denmark even Georgia will not hammer them at home.
Big Mick is a darling and bluffer and this will get ugly very soon.
Old 23-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
Shabby
C'mon please. Nothing to play for? Goal Difference? Switzerland Denmark even Georgia are in the playoffs.
We haven't a fuckin notion of qualifying and then we get Kenny. Delaney has not gone away.
Maguire shocking Mc Goldrick not much better against a shite team but we blame it on the wind and the pitch.
Glen Whelan in the squad. 3 pts nonsense IMO do you honestly think Switzerland Denmark even Georgia will not hammer them at home.
I'm inclined to agree.
Maguire needs a few games.
He got next to nothing under O'Neill
Old 23-03-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamish View Post
I'm inclined to agree.
Maguire needs a few games.
He got next to nothing under O'Neill
Dan
It wasn't really Maguire playing so bad. I like him and I think he will score goals but he was chasing shadows today with Mc Goldrick dropping so deep in what was a 4-4-2 formation. Maguire will score and I seen him many times with City but he got no service when we had a strong enough overlap game on paper. Stevens maybe overlapped McClean once or twice and Doherty and Coleman tried to do it but it was a flat Middle with Hendricks and Hourihane sitting almost in front of a back 4 for a lot of the game.
Let's be honest if you can't create space against the 2nd lowest ranked team in Europe we are going to struggle. Hendrick despite his goal was shocking Brady Shocking when he came on. Taking Doherty off was bizarre IMO and Maguire off for Arter. It just had nothing absolutely nothing different to MON. I reckon this will end very sadly.
Big article tomorrow in the Times tomorrow might explain why the pest steeped down but he ain't gone away. He created a new role so by Fifa rules he will still be involved with UEFA and Fifa.
Dan you thought Frank Murphy was a prick and I agree but this man is the biggest prick and wankstain of all time.
To create a new position so he can keep his role within UEFA and we will have volunteers tomorrow morning lining pitches and bursting a gut to provide a platform for any kid in Ireland to play football and this prick thinks he is above everyone.
It makes me sick shit of it.
Imagine an other country appointedwhen 2 senior international football managers are given jobs.
Sick shit about talking about the whole thing.
I love my football as much as GAA and this will need a jail term for Delaney if things for the grassroots to change.
Dan you can slag me insult me but I don't care. Delaney we have him by the balls now and time to squeeze them so hard he will never ever again be involved in Irish football.
We have him now and time for real change.
Old 23-03-2019, 10:28 PM
PROC Member

Just the very same as his pop.
Old 23-03-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley68 View Post
Just the very same as his pop.
Yeah but more snake.
68 I know you love your GAA as I do and for me one of the biggest and emotional days out I ever had was in PUC for the Liam Miller RIP tribute game. Delaney had zero nothing any input into that great occasion.
He just hides and takes taxpayers money and for me the most disgraceful person i ever seen involved in Irish sports. Taking a hush payment for the handball and only revealed it because he was caught. We are a proud nation and we didn't need Blatters corrupt payment but whom took it .
Old 23-03-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
Shabby
I said there was nothing to gain, not nothing to play for. The only way Ireland were going to be talked about there today was if they lost. It’s clear the conditions were not conducive to any sort of decent football. The wind was basically a gale and the pitch was a leveller. Take the 1-0 and move on and judge McCarthy and the squad on Tuesday and beyond is what I’m saying.

I’m not saying the performance was good and either did McCarthy but there’s no point getting too caught up in it either. Let’s just see what Tuesday brings.

A real worry is that we’ve no striker that looks like he is going to score regularly even against the minnows. Every team needs a goalscorer. It gives confidence to the rest of the team to defend well, work hard and that goalscorer will come good if a chance comes his way. We had that with Robbie Keane but we’ve had nothing at all since and doesn’t look like we’ve anyone of note stepping up anytime soon either.
Old 23-03-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
I said there was nothing to gain, not nothing to play for. The only way Ireland were going to be talked about there today was if they lost. It’s clear the conditions were not conducive to any sort of decent football. The wind was basically a gale and the pitch was a leveller. Take the 1-0 and move on and judge McCarthy and the squad on Tuesday and beyond is what I’m saying.

I’m not saying the performance was good and either did McCarthy but there’s no point getting too caught up in it either. Let’s just see what Tuesday brings.

A real worry is that we’ve no striker that looks like he is going to score regularly even against the minnows. Every team needs a goalscorer. It gives confidence to the rest of the team to defend well, work hard and that goalscorer will come good if a chance comes his way. We had that with Robbie Keane but we’ve had nothing at all since and doesn’t look like we’ve anyone of note stepping up anytime soon either.
Shabby
That is up to the manager on what we play. It was 4-4-2 starting out and we had nothing bar Hourihane placed balls which were very good in fairness. We were putting the same thing about. Shabby this is Gibraltar we are taking about and a contender to be in the EPL Team of the year is taken off after 50 mins plus. It's time to be honest and say that was shocking and older than old tactics. This is a pathetic team and you honestly think we will just go out and beat Georgia. I have tickets to the game and I I don't really want to waste my energy going up to a game that will either be a draw or a loss.

I have followed Irish football a long time and this will not get better with Big Mick. He had talent in 95 and fucked that up also. Tactical wise he hasn't a clue and the next time he refers to TC I will need a new TV.
Georgia will dominate Ireland for possession but you think we will beat them.
I honestly admire your optism but we will be in for hard days in the next 2 terms unless they try different things.
Fair enough Troy Parrott injured but Glen Whelan od just taking the piss .
Old 24-03-2019, 06:47 PM

The Jews smashing the Austrians here.