tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Gardai attacking Cork Music - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 28-01-2020, 04:29 PM

Default Gardai attacking Cork Music

Gardai have been 'persuading' City Music Venues to stop bands playing a half hour before serving last pint. This is damaging both Music and Bar business, and peoples' fun time. There is probably a new Garda operator in town trying to make his/her mark. Let's help, anyone know the name? @Matlock and other Legal heads out there, is there any basis in Law for stopping entertainment before last drink served? If so is it specific to Live entertainment as opposed to Electronic? If there is such a silly Law when apply it now all of a sudden?
Let's show some Republic Hospitality to this new Sheriff. Let's make the name behind attacking Music widely known to all. Let's not permit the cliche of another fresh aggressive friendless blow- in. Above all let's let them know that the Law is employed by The People here.
X

Last edited by Mister X; 03-02-2020 at 07:26 PM..
Old 28-01-2020, 04:40 PM
PROC Member

A shocking disgrace, who do I email my complaint?
Old 28-01-2020, 05:54 PM

Default Complaints

No point in sending emails to nameless destinations. Let's wait until someone names the individual responsible for this new initiative.
X
Old 28-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
Gardai have been 'persuading' City Music Venues to stop bands playing a half hour before serving last pint. This is damaging both Music and Bar business, and peoples' fun time. There is probably a new Garda operator in town trying to make his/her mark. Let's help, anyone know the name? @Matlock and other Legal heads out there, is there any basis in Law for stopping entertainment before last drink served? If so is it specific to Live entertainment as opposed to Electronic? If there is such a silly Law when apply it now all of a sudden?
Let's show some Republic Hospitality to this new Sheriff. Let's make the name behind attacking Music widely known to all. Let's not permit the cliche of another fresh aggressive friendless blow- in. Above all let's let them know that the Law is employed by The People here.
X
I suspect City Hall might have something to do with this
Old 28-01-2020, 06:28 PM

Location: in the back of cabby capers taxi screaming to get out..aaaaahhhh it hurts it hurts

it is i..... i don't like people murdering "fast car" that song is iconic and deserves respect not the ridicule its been subjected too lately ..
Old 28-01-2020, 06:40 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
No point in sending emails to nameless destinations. Let's wait until someone names the individual responsible for this new initiative.
X
Okay I shall standby my keyboard.
Old 29-01-2020, 11:03 AM

Proper nightlife like any other European city doesn't exist here. A few late bars and shitty clubs.
Old 29-01-2020, 11:12 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
X
How are the guards persuading them?

An order to stop playing at a certain time could be put into the extension order, but I haven't heard of anything recently.

For example, in the 90s, Judge Garavan in Galway ordered that nightclubs turn off the music at midnight ( iirc), turn on the lights and serve supper before they could continue the nightclub.

His reasoning was that it would stop drunkenness and also curb " those dreadful girls of Galway".

It was scrapped fairly quickly.
Old 29-01-2020, 04:28 PM

Default Persuasion

Quote:
I would take a wild guess that they are calling in and simply requesting it. There would be implication being that disobedience will lead to repercussions, harassment, visits. Guessing aside, I know of actual instances where they have been entering the premises while music is on and telling the staff to tell the band or DJ to stop.
The Crane Lane now stops Bands at 1:30AM as opposed to previously 2:00 AM.
Even Charlies stops weekend gigs around Midnight as opposed to previously 12:30 AM
X

Last edited by Mister X; 29-01-2020 at 10:32 PM..
Old 29-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post

An order to stop playing at a certain time could be put into the extension order, but I haven't heard of anything recently.

For example, in the 90s, Judge Garavan in Galway ordered that nightclubs turn off the music at midnight ( iirc), turn on the lights and serve supper before they could continue the nightclub.

His reasoning was that it would stop drunkenness and also curb " those dreadful girls of Galway".

It was scrapped fairly quickly.
I remember them doling out plates of Beef Stroganof around Midnight in Henrys.

lol.