tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork Footballers - Page 6004 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2019, 10:59 PM

Harvey Beag...............y ou are a breath of fresh air. Top class analysis.
Not knocking the other contributions to this topic either but I happen to agree with you and have to smile at some of the other " selectors"

For what it's worth, my tuppence worth in relation to Cork senior footballers wouldn't have Crowley defending either, because he can't do that. He's not a midfielder either but too good a footballer to discard. I'd give him Mark's jersey in the league and keep Mark in reserve.
We sorely need good defenders and the best I've seen lately is fair haired terrier from Ahabullogue Paul Ring. A few lads here are almost begging Dan Dinneen to make himself available and I wouldn't argue with that. In last years Intermediate final in Pairc UI Caoimh, Ring was only 19 but he gave Danno a roasting. Nagged him, pulled his togs, pulled his jersey, for the full hour. Was literally welded to him and never gave him a minutes peace. A lot of it was borderline and off the ball out of sight stuff but that's the type of guy we need. I don't need to go over his exploits this year on the U 20 team. He'd be my pick immediately for the full back line.
Take no notice of Liam O Donovan's form v Duhallow. He had zero training done because of injury and was clearly overweight and unfit. He will be a good player for Cork for many years.
Like others said, I was disappointed with the Douglas defenders on show and agree with those who have Mattie Taylor in the team.
I think we do need Cathal O Mahony for his free taking, if nothing else and Blake Murphy and Damien Gore are better than some of the old guard up front IMHO.

WD Harvey Beag, I look forward to your posts in future. Just don't go away.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:03 AM

i Think its very easy to see from all the "selectors" on here that we all have our favourites .
Old 08-11-2019, 11:08 AM
PROC Member

On Ring I taught he was excellent for the U20’s in the corner.
Was looking forward to seeing him against Knocknagree but Sweeney dominated him he didn’t get a kick.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:42 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
Harvey Beag...............y ou are a breath of fresh air. Top class analysis.
Not knocking the other contributions to this topic either but I happen to agree with you and have to smile at some of the other " selectors"

For what it's worth, my tuppence worth in relation to Cork senior footballers wouldn't have Crowley defending either, because he can't do that. He's not a midfielder either but too good a footballer to discard. I'd give him Mark's jersey in the league and keep Mark in reserve.
We sorely need good defenders and the best I've seen lately is fair haired terrier from Ahabullogue Paul Ring. A few lads here are almost begging Dan Dinneen to make himself available and I wouldn't argue with that. In last years Intermediate final in Pairc UI Caoimh, Ring was only 19 but he gave Danno a roasting. Nagged him, pulled his togs, pulled his jersey, for the full hour. Was literally welded to him and never gave him a minutes peace. A lot of it was borderline and off the ball out of sight stuff but that's the type of guy we need. I don't need to go over his exploits this year on the U 20 team. He'd be my pick immediately for the full back line.
Take no notice of Liam O Donovan's form v Duhallow. He had zero training done because of injury and was clearly overweight and unfit. He will be a good player for Cork for many years.
Like others said, I was disappointed with the Douglas defenders on show and agree with those who have Mattie Taylor in the team.
I think we do need Cathal O Mahony for his free taking, if nothing else and Blake Murphy and Damien Gore are better than some of the old guard up front IMHO.

WD Harvey Beag, I look forward to your posts in future. Just don't go away.
I can not agree with you that Kevin Crowley cant defend.
Himself and Brian o Driscoll were our only two good defenders in 2015 in the u21 against Tipp in Thurles that night when Tipp were miles over us.
Any one who was at the league game in Pairc ui Rinn and saw how he defended on Micheal Murphy would not say he could not defend he should be half back next year excluding injury (which he does get alot).
On Mattie good year he had but il like to see that again next year before saying he is a cert for wing Back.I think Paul Walsh could yet make a great half back but time will tell.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:50 PM

I firmly believe we have loads of talent in the County now but this years Minors and u20s are mostly very young so not a lot will make senior next year...
how about this for a panel if every one fit..

Michael Martin, Mark White
Kevin Flahive , Sean Wilson, Tom Clancy, Tomas Clancy, Sean Powter, James Loughrey, Nathan Walsh, Kevin O Donovan, Stephen Cronin, Cian Kiely, Mattie Taylor, Liam O Donovan, Kevin Crowley, Brian O Driscoll, Tadgh Corkery, Aidan Browne, Michael O Mahoney, Paul Ring, Peter O Driscoll, Sean Meehan
Ian Maguire, Killian O Hanlon, Ronan O Toole, Paul Walsh, Brian Hartnett, Kevin O Driscoll
Mark Collins, Sean White, Ruairi Deane, Luke Connolly, Brian Hurley, Paul Kerrigan, Stephen Sherlock, Michael Hurley, Eoghan McSweeney, John O Rourke, Colm O Callaghan, Chris Og Jones, Ciaran Sheeham, Damien Gore, Cathal O Mahony, Peter Kelleher, Dan Duninn.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruice View Post
On Ring I taught he was excellent for the U20’s in the corner.
Was looking forward to seeing him against Knocknagree but Sweeney dominated him he didn’t get a kick.
Was at it. McSweeney only scored 3 points and in fairness to Ring he was playing out of position at No6 against a team that were dominant all over the field. I'm saying Ring is a corner back and if McSweeney was inside corner forward he wouldn't score 3 points off Ring. Just my opinion and may be totally wrong.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:23 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing the following at some stage

White
Loughrey Flahive Ring
O'Donovan ThClancy Taylor
Maguire Deane
White Sheehan Powter
Connolly O'Mahony BHurley

I'd be firmly in the camp of fast-tracking Ring and O'Mahony into the set-up. Ring just looks like someone made for the cut and thrust of senior inter-county. We have been crying out for a tight, niggly corner back since forever. O'Mahony might be slight and still a little raw, but Division 3 is as good a place as any, to see if he can realise some of his undoubted natural talent.

Sheehan? Who knows if he can ever be the same player again. Physically and skill-wise, it is a big ask. But Ciaran was always a very cerebral player who had a great sense of positioning, and knowing how to make himself available for a pass. I doubt he has lost that side of his game.

O'Donovan and Taylor are fine. Both have room to improve defensively but they showed a lot of promise last year. Neither looked over-awed against Dublin.

Big year ahead for the likes of Sean White and Powter. White was outstanding against Tyrone, uses the ball intelligently and can kick a score. He needs to establish himself as a leader in the team now. Powter is the prototypical modern wing-back/forward. He should be one of our stars, but he just needs that bit of luck with injuries.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagame View Post
I can not agree with you that Kevin Crowley cant defend.
Himself and Brian o Driscoll were our only two good defenders in 2015 in the u21 against Tipp in Thurles that night when Tipp were miles over us.
Any one who was at the league game in Pairc ui Rinn and saw how he defended on Micheal Murphy would not say he could not defend he should be half back next year excluding injury (which he does get alot).
On Mattie good year he had but il like to see that again next year before saying he is a cert for wing Back.I think Paul Walsh could yet make a great half back but time will tell.
Agree with you on Paul Walsh but defending against Tipp U21s five years ago is hardly a good barometer of modern senior defensive play. I do agree that Crowley has looked good sometimes inside at Corner back but he's too good a footballer to NOT use his talents up front. Just think his tackling and tracking wouldn't do as a half back. Duhallow pushed him forward in the second half v Nemo and he was very creative.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:48 PM
PROC Member

It is noted that Denis Bernard former Cork great has died in USA where he resided for many years. He was a splendid Centre Back on the Cork team which lost the 1956 All Ireland final to Galway. Ar dheis De go raibh a ainm.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorktilIdie View Post
It is noted that Denis Bernard former Cork great has died in USA where he resided for many years. He was a splendid Centre Back on the Cork team which lost the 1956 All Ireland final to Galway. Ar dheis De go raibh a ainm.
It is amazing the number of lads from the 50s who went abroad because there was nothing for them here. We shouldn´t forget this now that the situation is somewhat reversed.