tempobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Man Utd Thread - Page 2882 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 16-08-2012, 12:21 PM

united the plucky penniless underdogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly sham View Post
it's about time they made this similar to the 7s and broth in a bowl, plate, shield to give teams more gams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Langer View Post
i Can see the following front 6 this season

valencia ROONEY carrick nani

kawaga

rvp
I think in the premier league that team would be fine against the cannon fodder but what about v Man City away or Chelsea away.

What about away to Real Madrid in Europe?
Senior PROC Member

Are there any examples of players who've been struck down by illness like Fletcher has who have returned to the same level of performance?

I can only think of Wieghorst, Stubbs, Babbel & Abidal. Are there many more? Jury's out on Abidal and aside from him none of the others got back to anything like previous form. It takes a lot out of players and I think they start to reassess the importance of their health over putting their bodies on the line.
Old 16-08-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
Are there any examples of players who've been struck down by illness like Fletcher has who have returned to the same level of performance?

I can only think of Wieghorst, Stubbs, Babbel & Abidal. Are there many more? Jury's out on Abidal and aside from him none of the others got back to anything like previous form. It takes a lot out of players and I think they start to reassess the importance of their health over putting their bodies on the line.
If you look at Fletcher and the way he plays, it took him years to bulk up physically to play his all action game.

He's lost all that now. He looked like a skinny teenager the other night.
Old 16-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
9/4, money for old rope.

I'll be getting on that.
Old 16-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyd View Post
I think in the premier league that team would be fine against the cannon fodder but what about v Man City away or Chelsea away.

What about away to Real Madrid in Europe?
IT's for those types of games I was picturing that 6.

They are the best 6 midfielders/forwards at the club.

I think Rooney has the potential to be a great midfield player and with the like of rvp, kawaga,wellbeck and chicarito it might make sense to start him there.
Old 16-08-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
IT's for those types of games I was picturing that 6.

They are the best 6 midfielders/forwards at the club.

I think Rooney has the potential to be a great midfield player and with the like of rvp, kawaga,wellbeck and chicarito it might make sense to start him there.
Maybe, maybe.

Scholes started out as a forward and then moved further back.

Fergie would want to start playing him in midfield so if that is the direction he is heading, see how he gets on.
Old 16-08-2012, 12:39 PM

9/4 money for jam.
CTID
Old 16-08-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyd View Post
If you look at Fletcher and the way he plays, it took him years to bulk up physically to play his all action game.

He's lost all that now. He looked like a skinny teenager the other night.
I agree. The muscle wastage from something like Guilleme Barre syndrome (which Babbel had) can be very debilitating for guys who have had 10-15 years of peak physical condition.

Fletcher will need a very targeted diet and training regime to make sure he fills out his frame sufficiently.

It mighn't look it but most premiership midfielders hit you like a freight train in the tackle. It'll be a while before Fletcher, hopefully, can live in that company again.
Old 16-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Utd/RVP double 18/1

Sweet Jesus, I'll have a large slice of that.