tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Possessed Nokia... - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 27-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Telekon Telekon is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by How bad boy View Post
I'm not saying that I wouldn't have come across it before but I'll not deny that it's not an uncommon fault that I couldn't reject.
That'll do me. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 27-01-2011, 12:18 AM
The Black Knight The Black Knight is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by How bad boy View Post
I'm not saying that I wouldn't have come across it before but I'll not deny that it's not an uncommon fault that I couldn't reject.
I heard of it before but it was just SimBackup. It wasn't anything that made sense and sending to a contact.
__________________
The Black Knight always triumphs!
Look you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 27-01-2011, 12:25 AM
How bad boy How bad boy is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MassiveJockNerdLandia
Posts: 21,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
I heard of it before but it was just SimBackup. It wasn't anything that made sense and sending to a contact.
Test messages are quite common in handset development. I've seen it go wrong many times.

But I haven't worked on a Nokia handset project for 5 years, so I couldn't say much on the specifics of it.
__________________
The Wrongest Man On The Internet (TM)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 27-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Darker Conscience Darker Conscience is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Northside
Posts: 5,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
There are possible IT explanations that could cause something like that but I'd have to know the answer to those questions before I could find out if there were bugs in the version of the software you have that might cause this. It's more than likely just a bug. The fact that it is happening to someone else here as well suggests to me that it's a bug, ridiculous one, but nothing more. If you update the software on your phone it should go away. Phones don't just "send" texts unless you send it or something bug got through testing or unless your house is haunted.
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RutlandStreet View Post
I dunno, like I say its not something I believe in but you could get the house blessed and see if it helps.
Ya, while your at it say a prayer to each one of these fellas too, GodChecker, ya know, just in case it's one of them that's real.

I recommend Perkunas especially, helped me out with some dodgy shelves not so long ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHans View Post
My Grandfather fought for the SFI in the Battle of Saipan but he never talks about it.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 27-01-2011, 12:31 AM
How bad boy How bad boy is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MassiveJockNerdLandia
Posts: 21,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker Conscience View Post
Fixed



Ya, while your at it say a prayer to each one of these fellas too, GodChecker, ya know, just in case it's one of them that's real.

I recommend Perkunas especially, helped me out with some dodgy shelves not so long ago.
Excellent advice.

I recommend praying to Echo:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/g...php?deity=ECHO


I believe shouting at the top of your voice into an empty quarry will be enough to appease her.
__________________
The Wrongest Man On The Internet (TM)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 27-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Darker Conscience Darker Conscience is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Northside
Posts: 5,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by How bad boy View Post
Excellent advice.

I recommend praying to Echo:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/g...php?deity=ECHO


I believe shouting at the top of your voice into an empty quarry will be enough to appease her.
Ah sure fuck it you'd need only head out to blackrock so, suppose I should have none access to the divine would be so local.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHans View Post
My Grandfather fought for the SFI in the Battle of Saipan but he never talks about it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 28-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Ealasaid Ealasaid is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 25,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudizeit View Post
Faulty phone, faulty remote, housemate/gf leaving light on during the night. Don't mind rutland steet. She's off her trolley.
That would be the easy explanation, it's more fun to pretend there's a ghost in the house. Look at those other ones who's house was 'haunted' they got on tv and a move because of it.

Actually Telekon weren't you saying a few months back you hate your anti social neighbours and wanted to move? Apologies if that wasn't you but if it was we're onto ya
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 28-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Corcaigh32 Corcaigh32 is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 32,083
Default

It's happening to me and I am convinced it's the network, they are checking it.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 28-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Telekon Telekon is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ealasaid View Post
That would be the easy explanation, it's more fun to pretend there's a ghost in the house. Look at those other ones who's house was 'haunted' they got on tv and a move because of it.

Actually Telekon weren't you saying a few months back you hate your anti social neighbours and wanted to move? Apologies if that wasn't you but if it was we're onto ya
No, that wasn't me. The neighbours here are sound. You might be thinking of 'Teknique'. There's the odd time when I see his posts, I think to myself "I dont remember writing that..."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump







PROC Gig Guide
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Inhaler
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

Tuesday 6th October @ 7:30 pm



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.