tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Possessed Nokia... - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-01-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by How bad boy View Post
I'm not saying that I wouldn't have come across it before but I'll not deny that it's not an uncommon fault that I couldn't reject.
That'll do me. Thanks.
Old 27-01-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying that I wouldn't have come across it before but I'll not deny that it's not an uncommon fault that I couldn't reject.
I heard of it before but it was just SimBackup. It wasn't anything that made sense and sending to a contact.
Old 27-01-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
I heard of it before but it was just SimBackup. It wasn't anything that made sense and sending to a contact.
Test messages are quite common in handset development. I've seen it go wrong many times.

But I haven't worked on a Nokia handset project for 5 years, so I couldn't say much on the specifics of it.
Old 27-01-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
There are possible IT explanations that could cause something like that but I'd have to know the answer to those questions before I could find out if there were bugs in the version of the software you have that might cause this. It's more than likely just a bug. The fact that it is happening to someone else here as well suggests to me that it's a bug, ridiculous one, but nothing more. If you update the software on your phone it should go away. Phones don't just "send" texts unless you send it or something bug got through testing or unless your house is haunted.
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RutlandStreet View Post
I dunno, like I say its not something I believe in but you could get the house blessed and see if it helps.
Ya, while your at it say a prayer to each one of these fellas too, GodChecker, ya know, just in case it's one of them that's real.

I recommend Perkunas especially, helped me out with some dodgy shelves not so long ago.
Old 27-01-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darker Conscience View Post
Fixed

Ya, while your at it say a prayer to each one of these fellas too, GodChecker, ya know, just in case it's one of them that's real.

I recommend Perkunas especially, helped me out with some dodgy shelves not so long ago.
Excellent advice.

I recommend praying to Echo:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/g...php?deity=ECHO

I believe shouting at the top of your voice into an empty quarry will be enough to appease her.
Old 27-01-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Excellent advice.

I recommend praying to Echo:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/g...php?deity=ECHO

I believe shouting at the top of your voice into an empty quarry will be enough to appease her.
Ah sure fuck it you'd need only head out to blackrock so, suppose I should have none access to the divine would be so local.
Old 28-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudizeit View Post
Faulty phone, faulty remote, housemate/gf leaving light on during the night. Don't mind rutland steet. She's off her trolley.
That would be the easy explanation, it's more fun to pretend there's a ghost in the house. Look at those other ones who's house was 'haunted' they got on tv and a move because of it.

Actually Telekon weren't you saying a few months back you hate your anti social neighbours and wanted to move? Apologies if that wasn't you but if it was we're onto ya
Old 28-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Senior PROC Member

It's happening to me and I am convinced it's the network, they are checking it.
Old 28-01-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ealasaid View Post
That would be the easy explanation, it's more fun to pretend there's a ghost in the house. Look at those other ones who's house was 'haunted' they got on tv and a move because of it.

Actually Telekon weren't you saying a few months back you hate your anti social neighbours and wanted to move? Apologies if that wasn't you but if it was we're onto ya
No, that wasn't me. The neighbours here are sound. You might be thinking of 'Teknique'. There's the odd time when I see his posts, I think to myself "I dont remember writing that..."