tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Thinking of a Change to a programming career - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Urchin View Post
Vas te faire encule!

Now that's something you'll hear a lot in France.
I am sure that you must be told to go fuck yourself quite often, in any number of languages.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
I am sure that you must be told to go fuck yourself quite often, in any number of languages.
You're bordering on voyeristic at this stage, Matloque!

Following me to the Tech forum!?

I reckon you're having doubts about the wedding eh?
Old 13-04-2010, 01:52 PM

Wow,

OK well thanks onec again everyone for all of the advice.
I am looking at course options available to me, but going back into full time education is sadly not an option financially for me.
Open Uni is lokoing good for now, but it is pretty expensive with the way they structure it to be honest.

(Sorry I can't remember who) but it's funny that someone mentioned accounting, I did look at that also but.. I dunno, some of the people are just so mind numbing.
I know there are bound to endless opportunities for numbing of the mind in the world of programming..and no-one aims for them, but I of course will look to head into a more interesting role.

Like most people in my situation,
I am sure of one kernel of truth, and that is that I am the undiscovered genius waiting in the wings to revolutionise computing as we know it.
A swordfish style life of Fast cars loose women and computers beckons and I will answer!!
All programmers wear sharp suits and drive supercars after all , don't they?

However, life has taught me .....repeatedly: that these "certainties" I have in my head are rarely close to fact.

aaanyway,
I do want to say, this is probably (FU Apart )the most useful set of responses I've seen for this question so far (yep, put it to some other boarsd too) so thanks once more to everyone.
Old 13-04-2010, 01:57 PM

The Open University is a great option.

It's topped a number of surveys of the best universities in the UK, i.e. better than Oxbridge, which is very impressive.
Old 13-04-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by How bad boy View Post
The Open University is a great option.

It's topped a number of surveys of the best universities in the UK, i.e. better than Oxbridge, which is very impressive.
Thats maybe because a lot of The Open University course work is set by Oxford and Cambridge lecturers, so quite a high standard to achieve....
Old 13-04-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggle View Post
Thats maybe because a lot of The Open University course work is set by Oxford and Cambridge lecturers, so quite a high standard to achieve....
I ridiculed OU degrees for ages until I actually sat down to help someone with her coursework. Not only is it a high standard, it's a remarkably useful and relevant curriculum also.