tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
RTE: Radio, Telefis, Empty pockets - Page 25 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
Bryan Dobson (€198,426 per annum salary) was asking Dee Forbes some hard questions in between the Korean shitbox commercials on RTÉ morning Ireland this morning.

Discover why.

Heh heh heh....
I can't stand those Hyundai ads.

RTE content is jammed up with superfluous ads, even the weather forecast has an ad jingle attached to it, the private stations are even worse of course.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post

RTE content is jammed up with superfluous ads, even the weather forecast has an ad jingle attached to it, the private stations are even worse of course.
Those ads are more informative than the RTE weather forecasts
Old 07-11-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Quite well actually. Thanks for asking

I'm giving out about Met Eireann and AA being given a large amount of airtime on our national broadcaster both TV and Radio, far out of proportion to the amount of actual tangible information that they transmit.

It's padding! Do you trust the weather forecasts broadcast on RTE? I know I don't, and I understand farmers, who are more reliant than most in terms of their livlihoods for accurate weather forecasts don't. And neither do I pay much attention to their traffic reports because they tend to be old and inaccurate by time of broadcast.
It's not beyond their wit to broadcast more localised, and thus more accurate, weather forecasts on local transmitters that are already in use, and ditto on localised traffic reports

Or do you imagine there's this one giant f**k-off antenna in Montrose that serves the entire country
Public servant Sound_y does not realise that RTE is a national public service broadcaster has to broadcast news,weather and traffic information for the nation and its citizens.

If you want local news and traffic listen to a local station.The Met Eireann weather app is seriously accurate since 2018 if you know how to use it properly.

Just imagine how well your department on behalf of its citizens would be doing if you actually did something productive?

Or best leave well enough alone.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Senior PROC Member

Aertel to go.

I'm surprised it was still there tbh. Is there a black & white department still in operation?

No doubt Dobbo gave Dee Forbes a right grilling?

Old 07-11-2019, 09:43 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
Aertel to go.

I'm surprised it was still there tbh. Is there a black & white department still in operation?

No doubt Dobbo gave Dee Forbes a right grilling?

Nice Day man will be devastated.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post

See, here's the consumers choice:

Get Neflix for as little as €7.99 a month. With no commercials.

Get Virgin TV for free for Irish news. With commercials.

Get free accurate weather data from The Weather Channel App.

Or else pay some monolithic civil service "Public Broadcaster" a subscription fee of €13 a month to watch and listen to advertising. But relax, for that €13 a month you also get to watch "Dancing With The Staff," and other Oirish versions of English programming which ex RTÉ executives produce and sell back to their former employers.

A case in point is Tyrone Productions. Owned by ex RTÉ executives John McColgan and Moya Doherty (at a net worth of €42 million, one of Ireland's wealthiest women) they are one of the biggest suppliers of "independent" TV productions to RTÉ.

Sort out this kind of nepotistic horseshit first and then look at threatening people with jail if they don't pay the mandatory €13 a month subscription fee.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Public servant Sound_y does not realise that RTE is a national public service broadcaster has to broadcast news,weather and traffic information for the nation and its citizens.

If you want local news and traffic listen to a local station.The Met Eireann weather app is seriously accurate since 2018 if you know how to use it properly.

Just imagine how well your department on behalf of its citizens would be doing if you actually did something productive?

The Met Eireann app is available independently of RTÉ.

A national "public service broadcaster" is no longer needed in the current media landscape.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post

Contrary to your claims, the public service broadcaster doesn't have to broadcast Dublin weather and Dublin traffic to the nation outside of Dublin and its citizens.
It can have local items as well as national, and indeed international news.

No wonder RTE is so dublincentric when people like you think it's RTE's duty to tell those who aren't in or near Dublin the minutae of what is going on in Dublin on a daily basis.

Met Eireann's app is not the topic of discussion here - the fact that they are broadcasting mainly Dublin weather and AA the Dublin traffic nationwide on the national airways to people who's experience and need for information that isn't being properly served is the issue.

Their trying to do a "one size fits all" when it clearly doesn't frequently makes it about as useful as a chocolate fire guard and a waste of airtime.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
The Met Eireann app is available independently of RTÉ.

A national "public service broadcaster" is no longer needed in the current media landscape.
Ok, you want to hand over control of our news and current affairs content to Dinny?

I bet he'd love to RTE shut down.

Radio One is the jewel in the crown as far as I'm concerned, it would be a bad day for our country if that was taken away.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Senior PROC Member

Why move the sport from rte 2 to rte 1?

What difference will that make?