tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The County Board Complaints Thread - Page 6 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Does Frank Need To Go
Yes 141 78.33%
No He's Doing A Fine Job 39 21.67%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2013, 11:15 PM

Ya actually only 2 I'd say. Forgot about Donal Óg in goal. Nash is excpetional but a couple of years at that level to take over there!
Old 18-07-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamjam View Post
Leave the coaches coach and admin guys do there thing. Where is the effort to coach the coaches? The development squads are flawed.pickibg of players, no player path for late developer ( ala eoin harmidy). Cork is badly crying out for a technical director in both codes. That would be a start. Its a shame as huge talent in the football. Hurlers doing there best but how many players would make the last all ireland starting 15? Possibly 1!
At this point, Croke Park should be raising an eyebrow about hurling in Cork.

It's 1/8 the population of the country, probably 1/4 the hurling population of the county and they can't win an underage tournament.

That is a serious problem and it's gone on a long time.

Croke Park should step in.
Old 18-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolaKubes View Post

It's 1/8 the population of the country, probably 1/4 the hurling population of the county and they can't win an underage tournament.

Sure they're part of the reason.
Let the rules of the game be unofficially changed and do nothing about it. The game is unrecognisable in Leinster. At least a Munster championship game will be played relatively properly.
Old 18-07-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolaKubes View Post

They should but in reality they don't give a tupenny fuck about Cork, and they know they won't be welcome if they do intervene, (they offered in 09) and they'll only end up getting a load of grief.

The only people who can sort the thing out are the clubs, acting for the common good.
Old 18-07-2013, 12:23 PM

The clubs don't have the appetite for change.

Simple as that.
Old 18-07-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCork80 View Post
Cronin for T Mac probably and Conor Sull for Pat Mulcahy.

Of course Brian Murphy and Tom Kenny were there.
This is all just hypothetical isn't it but i'd leave Timmy where he is.Granted Pat Mulcahy would be the most vulnerable on that team (and possibly Fraggie) but he was a better player for Cork than what some people would have you believe!

Anyway in the 90's we went 7 years without a munster title and 9 years without an all ireland.Next year will mark our 8th year without a munster title and our 9th year without an all ireland.In the 90's we won minor all irelands in 95 and 98 and u21 all irelands in 97 and 98.Seeing that we have had no underage success to work with this barren period is worse than the one in the 90's and the situation could have been bleaker if it wasn't for the good work being done in UCC and CIT.It's time to up your game county board this is 2013 not 1990!
Old 18-07-2013, 07:08 PM

From Rebel Gaa.

Quote:
fair play to county board financing of under age set up

2 under 16 squads went to limerick last saturday. 2 cork teams met in plate final. county bosrd only supplied both teams with red jerseys. one team had to wear inside out jerseys

to look after 48 young fellas there were 3 selectors.

christ any club team will have more than that

meant 1 man looking after a team

also charged young fellas a fiver for bus
Old 18-07-2013, 07:11 PM

From Rebel Gaa.

Quote:
Take Limerick lads, Jerry wallace is the coach to their minor team. He is overseen the physical development of there underage squads. Isnt he?

Pat Kenneally was appointed minor manager 2 years ago because he rang frank to tell him he was stepping down from the intermediate job and while in conversation got offered minor post. this is no joke.

Similar stories on other mentors.

If we went away and appointed good men that players will play for we might be onto something. The last time that happened was in 03 after coming back off a hiding from Galway our players did what Donal O Grady told them and they went on to be a great team until the CCB fecked up the appointments once again.

We have development squads taht are successful but the very men that are putting in the work are the ones not even asked for an input or to get involved in the minors after.

Take Mark Landers who manages this years U17s,He has being involved with that group with a few years and wont even be considered for next years minor job because his face doesnt fit.

We will see the same manager in place for coming year at minor.

The appointments are an absolute joke.

We need a passionate manager that the players will play for, we have talent lads.Something is seriously wrong if ye cant see the ability in alot of players. Our workrate is not good enough at this moment in time and that comes from leadership.

I agree with a poster on another thread that where are all the great Barrs managers when there club could clearly do with one of them.

Our club championship needs to be changed from bottom up. take the Minor club championship this year and clubs out of competition in June. Absolute joke

Quote:
Where to start?
It is a crisis no doubt, and can no longer be ignored.

We can see the lack of depth in our senior panel. We have seen the lack of hurling knowhow with our minors and U21's. We are seeing first hand, not only KK miles ahead of us, but all other Munster hurling counties bypassing us at all levels.

Limerick and Dublin are the current flavour of the month, and deservedly so for what they have achieved. But they didn't happen overnight and they didn't happen by accident.With Dublin its taken 15 years of hard work at all levels, coaching, structures, administration, culture, and serious investment to get to where they are today. But now the investment is paying off and they are looking at sustainability.

In Limerick's case they were coming from a stronger platform, better underage players ,more tradition etc, but they got their act together with getting good people involved, like O'Grady, Allen and Considine, getting the focus right and building the house.

Here in Cork, we seemed to have ambled along in an almost arrogant haze that "ah,theres nothing wrong with Cork hurling, sure the mushrooms blah blah". Bollix!

We have in this county all the raw materials and resources that Dublin and Limerick combined have in terms of hurling knowledge and capabilities. What we don't have is the strategy and the vision, and that's what is killing us.

People call for a Director of Hurling or whatever, yeah great but unless he is adequately backed, resourced and supported his impact will be limited.

We do need a hurling "guru" - like a DOG or JBM who is tasked with and backed to the hilt in producing a blueprint for Cork hurling and overseeing the strategy being implemented. There's guys from the recent past such as Donal Og, Sean Og, Landers etc who I'm sure would love to get involved, and certainly would have a great deal to offer, but of course there's agendas involved there.

There's also plenty of good hurling men out of work at the moment... give them a few *** to get into schools and underage to start developing a real, and I mean real, interest and enthusiasm for hurling at that level, and teaching the skills and the culture to kids.

Cork is no different to any other county and this won't happen overnight. But it can happen here quicker than most counties if only we could get the vision and strategy in place.

Three Corkmen - John Allen, Jerry Wallace and Donncha O'Donnell are frontline and key men involved with Limerick hurling at present. Why are these guys and their likes being lost to hurling in their native county? You can never have too much talent and expertise.
Old 18-07-2013, 07:17 PM

From Rebel Gaa.

Quote:
I sent the following email to Diarmuid O'Donovan, senior administration of Cork GAA. Well I have to do something.

Dear Mr O’Donovan,

I have just watched the Munster u-21 hurling semi-final between Cork and Tipperary and “disappointing” doesn’t adequately describe the display of our u-21 hurlers tonight. I am not blaming the players because I believe they gave the best they could in an atmosphere of complete indifference from the Cork County Board. It is that apparent indifference of the Board that sickens me and a host of other supporters who go to all the matches they can in order to support their teams at great personal economic cost in the present recession. To be rewarded with displays like tonight’s is a kick in the teeth to them.

Now I suppose you will say, as will all the officers of the county board, that you are disappointed as well. The point is, supporters can do nothing about the situation, but the officers of the county board certainly can. Please treat the decline of standards in Cork hurling as a matter of urgency and appoint a man with a proven track record as director of hurling in Cork. I am personally thinking of Donal O’Grady who has proved himself not only an astute manager, but is also a great lover of Cork hurling.

All personal animosity between Cork people should be discarded now for the good of Cork hurling. Surely Cork hurling should come before anything else.
Old 18-07-2013, 07:30 PM

Here's another post.

Quote:
when john allen retires from the limerick job dont be o surprised when they replace him with ger cunningham our competitors select the best men we pick the yes men
donal o sullivan of beara who is over 60 years old has been appointed as the new minor football
manager 40 years of following both codes i despair as to what the future holds for my once great sporting county im beginning to de. .