tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
PSP's- A freakin idiots guide. - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 29-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

I put them in the ISO folder when i boot up my psp i can see the games on my memory stick instead of appearing as corrupted data. I also get a preview of the game. However when i try and launch the game, screen goes black for a few seconds and then error "The game could not be started. (80020321)"

I put that error message into google and got directed to

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/500800

These guys seem to suggest making sure "No UMD" is selected. I am not too sure what they mean exactly.
Old 29-04-2007, 04:53 PM

Oh I got that before had to change stuff in the loading menu, you gotta hold the R button when the PSP is loading up. Go into configuration there, here's what I have Skip SCE Logo : disabled
Hide corrupt icons : Disabled
Game folder Home brew : currently 1.5 kernel - important!!!
autorun prog - /psp/game/boot/eboot.pbp
use no-umd 0 currently enabled (think that fixes your prob)
fake region : disabled
free umd region : disabled

exit out of that and try again
Old 01-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

Yeah just got the solution before the proc went down. Yep no UMD did the trick.

Thanks for that by the way.

Now, what psp games are you playing at the moment.
Feckin everybodies golf is holding my interest at IIS Pro 6 i think it is. In the process of obtaining Gran Turismo 2 at the moment.
These psps are a nice piece of kit all things considered.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:43 AM

At the mo I got the Genesis and Snes emulators so at the mo I'm playing Sensible soccer for the Sega, Sonic 1+2, Super Mario World and a whole bunch of other roms for both. Straight up PSP games I'm playing Virtua Tennis 3(I don't know why either), Lumines and Rocky Balboa!

Just got a 4GB memory stick for 40squids so gonna put on Pro Evo defo, madden 07 and a few others. Must get a couple of PS1 games, GTA and Die Hard are on my list

Anyone know of any media players available for the PSP that allow you to dump AVIs etc onto the memory stick directly and play them?I have to convert them at the mo using that Sony PSP software thingy, it takes #$%^ing ages!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Banned

I use an app called FFMPEG which converts most video to mp4 which psp needs.
Where did you get the memory stick for 40 quid?

What Megadrive emulator you running?

http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/
Old 02-05-2007, 08:50 PM

I use converters alright but they take a while, would be great to just dump files onto memory sticks and just play them without converting. Am in the UK at the moment so was able to get this offer, this one is bidding but the same seller has buy it now items and think they deliver to Ireland :
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?..._promot_widget

Running DGEN for the Megadriver emulator, very very happy with it excellent app.
http://dl.qj.net/DGEN-for-PSP-v1.40-...5910/catid/133

assume that ffmpeg is used for the Sony Convertor too but will give it a go
Old 11-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Banned

I downloaded what i thought was a gran turismo .cso file but all thats in the file i downloaded is EBOOT.PSP(which is 670mb) and KEYS.BIN(1kb) i was going to drop them into my ISO folder but there is already EBOOT.PSP and i am not sure if i should replace it.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

Got that sorted. Lobbed them into the game folder and they worked fine....

One last thing as columbo would say...

I got world snooker championship 2007, instead of there being a single .cso file there are numerous files and folders.

When i unzip the folder i am left with a folder called PSP_GAME and UMD_DATA.BIN.

Within PSP_GAME is
2 folders called SYSDIR(28mb) and USRDIR(888mb) a file called PARAM.SFO, ICON1.PMF and also SNDO.AT3. There are a few .png files there too.

There are loads of subfolder in the two folders also. I put this in the GAME folder and it only shows up as corrupted data.

Do i need to convert all these files into a .cso?
Old 09-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned

^^^^^^^^^^

Got the above sorted anyway. It turns out it was a .cso file but it was showing up with the .rar icon which led me to believe it was a .rar file. I lobbed it on and it worked fine.

A few quick questions for the psp crew.

What could psp games have you been playing recently?

What custom firwmware you running? I am still on 3.03 OE-C but am finding that a few newer games won't run. Whats a good custom firmware?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2008, 09:09 PM

At the moment I'm playing Tiger 2008, was the same as yourself and was running 3.03 OE-C but tiger wouldn't work for me so went to http://www.dark-alex.org/index.php?Dark_Alex=m33 and updated to CFW 3.52 M33. Pretty much similar to before except you need to have the official 3.52 and 1.5 EBoots and put them in a directory but its real easy besides. Now tis fine and all new games working away grand. You can go all the way and keep upgading to the latest firmware CFW PSP 3.71 M33, I didn't bother as 3.71 requires 3.52 MCC update 4 and then you should update to 3.71-update 4 to have the very latest. My ISP caps my internet speed if I go over my download quota(which I have done after 14 days of every month) so I didn't fancy downloading all those extra files.

Was on the psp-hacks site and came across something which really interested me.....http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/585 Installed the app and downloaded Monkey Island 1 and Monkey Island 2. Given they are my favourite games of all time, I'm very very happy they're now working on the PSP. All other Scumm based games will work using this software too.

This was another app I've been trying to get working, would be great to be able to dump avis direct onto the psp http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/153 not got it working yet tho