tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Dublin... Is a fucking shithole - Page 5 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 31-05-2019, 08:04 AM
High Post High Post is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
I don't go out in Dublin, with the exception of the odd pint in Wetherspoons in Blackrock/Dún Laoghaire on a Friday

Which one will I go to today? OoOoOoOooOo
I'm no fool I know there are parts of jackeen land which need a tactical nuclear strike to try and improve them.

Enjoy your gatt today. I've 3 cans of 00 in the fridge so that's the long weekend sorted for me.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 31-05-2019, 08:05 AM
king of the BONGO king of the BONGO is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the INTERNET
Posts: 10,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
I don't go out in Dublin, with the exception of the odd pint in Wetherspoons in Blackrock/Dún Laoghaire on a Friday

Which one will I go to today? OoOoOoOooOo
did you ever get a poke bowl in blackrock market? tidy bit a gear m8.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 31-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Rorz Rorz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cork
Posts: 7,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of the BONGO View Post
did you ever get a poke bowl in blackrock market? tidy bit a gear m8.

Would you believe, that place only crossed my mind this morning as a dinner idea. I havnt eaten there yet but I saw them on Neven McGuire's cookery show and the food looks really different, very expensive for a take away though.

If they're open later I'll definitely have a look in
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 31-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Drucker Drucker is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14,590
Default

The epitome of attractive, friendly, cosmopolitan zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz.......


Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 31-05-2019, 08:29 AM
Drucker Drucker is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Post View Post
No hassle at the doors of pubs or clubs.
[

Better talent.

Friendly folk.


Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 31-05-2019, 08:44 AM
king of the BONGO king of the BONGO is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the INTERNET
Posts: 10,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
Would you believe, that place only crossed my mind this morning as a dinner idea. I havnt eaten there yet but I saw them on Neven McGuire's cookery show and the food looks really different, very expensive for a take away though.

If they're open later I'll definitely have a look in
era, 11 euro for a bowl of fresh fish and veg is not too bad imho. the medium is plenty, large for fat fuckers only.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 31-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Drucker Drucker is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14,590
Default

From D'Oirish Toy-Imzzz.....



“The boardwalk has a very bad name. It’s dangerous. It could explode in a second. I mean, things could kick off in a second, because of all the drinking and everything. That’s what it feels like.”

The time I spend on the boardwalk is during daylight hours, when the city is busy. Blatant anti-social behaviour is not limited to hours of darkness here. I don’t see a single uniformed garda, but one person points out what he says are three plainclothes guards (a woman and two men), who regularly patrol there.



During the time I sit observing, or walking along the different sections, these are some of the things I see.

€50 notes changing hands for bags of white powder.

A man attempting to jab a needle into his thigh.

Two men fighting and wrestling each other to the ground.

One man kicking another in the head.

One man hitting another with a crutch.

People passed out, both on benches and on the ground.

Men urinating into the Liffey.

A man on a bike delivering a plastic bag of tablets to someone on a bench.

A man asleep on a pool of vomit.

Men and women drinking openly from cans, bottles and flagons.

Drunk people shouting and shoving each other as tourists pass by.

Men openly smoking marijuana.

People begging.

Discarded sleeping bags.

A burned-out rubbish bin.


*****


Yep, "friendly folk,"


What a fucking dump.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 31-05-2019, 09:01 AM
One One is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 17,543
Default

Ugh, headed upto this shithole in a few hours. Going to savour every moment in the motherland until then.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 31-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Rorz Rorz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cork
Posts: 7,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Ugh, headed upto this shithole in a few hours. Going to savour every moment in the motherland until then.

Are you heading to the City match tonight? We'll all be in the Black Lion pub in Inchicore before the game 👍
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 31-05-2019, 09:10 AM
flyingspud flyingspud is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
During the time I sit observing, or walking along the different sections, these are some of the things I see.

€50 notes changing hands for bags of white powder.

A man attempting to jab a needle into his thigh.

Two men fighting and wrestling each other to the ground.

One man kicking another in the head.

One man hitting another with a crutch.

People passed out, both on benches and on the ground.

Men urinating into the Liffey.

A man on a bike delivering a plastic bag of tablets to someone on a bench.

A man asleep on a pool of vomit.

Men and women drinking openly from cans, bottles and flagons.

Drunk people shouting and shoving each other as tourists pass by.

Men openly smoking marijuana.

People begging.

Discarded sleeping bags.

A burned-out rubbish bin.


*****


Yep, "friendly folk,"


What a fucking dump.
Cork is slowly heading that way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Live Music

Jennifer Lyons

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.