tempobet Instagram Profiles
Cork u20 football 2019 - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 06-11-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinslad View Post
can a minor play u20 aswell in the same year. I know it sounds ridiculous but conor Corbett is outrageously good.
As the Minors are now u17 which i dont agree with its too young ...they should go back to 18 ...i wont mention any u17s ....and no they cant play u20.
Old 29-12-2018, 02:24 PM

Kerry u20s have a training panel in place since November. Nothing happening in Cork yet. Gene o Driscoll is now manager but who are his backroom team? Why would any dual player pick football over hurling in Cork with this attitude
Old 29-12-2018, 02:44 PM

The U20 Management starting late is far from ideal - and I'm not blaming anyone for this as for all I know it may have been unavoidable. As I understand it the new Executive have appointed O'Driscoll on a one-year term meaning that all football managers' deals expire at the end of 2019 when an overall view will be taken and a joined-up plan will be put in place.

For now there's still plenty time to gather the best talent together, get them playing cohesively and to work with the U-18's and U-19's as well. We've lost some ground over the winter (and, as WCG quite rightly says the dual players may have been "lost" to hurling) but time to get cracking now.
Old 30-12-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podsy View Post
The U20 Management starting late is far from ideal - and I'm not blaming anyone for this as for all I know it may have been unavoidable. As I understand it the new Executive have appointed O'Driscoll on a one-year term meaning that all football managers' deals expire at the end of 2019 when an overall view will be taken and a joined-up plan will be put in place.

For now there's still plenty time to gather the best talent together, get them playing cohesively and to work with the U-18's and U-19's as well. We've lost some ground over the winter (and, as WCG quite rightly says the dual players may have been "lost" to hurling) but time to get cracking now.
Podsy I Think Ronan McCarthy and co are in for the 2020 season as well got a 3 year deal !
Old 01-01-2019, 07:20 PM

Sorry, you're right Corkfan. I think all the underage ones are up at the end of the year?
Old 01-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cork Gaol View Post
Kerry u20s have a training panel in place since November. Nothing happening in Cork yet. Gene o Driscoll is now manager but who are his backroom team? Why would any dual player pick football over hurling in Cork with this attitude
You hardly expect any player to choose football over hurling if he has a chance of making the hurling team.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moccork View Post
You hardly expect any player to choose football over hurling if he has a chance of making the hurling team.
Put yourself in a 17 year old mindset. Born 2001 what success has he ever seen in Cork hurling? I know 4 players on this year's Cork minor football panel who would have been on the hurling panel but choose football. There reason was we had better minor football team and they thought football preparation was far superior than the hurling set-up.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cork Gaol View Post
Put yourself in a 17 year old mindset. Born 2001 what success has he ever seen in Cork hurling? I know 4 players on this year's Cork minor football panel who would have been on the hurling panel but choose football. There reason was we had better minor football team and they thought football preparation was far superior than the hurling set-up.
I fancy them to rattle Kerry this year, Olly Rua is a good man and has them well drilled. They were fair unlucky down there last year.
Old 21-01-2019, 08:39 PM

It might be July before championship starts but a new management are going in and they have it all to do ,looking at players, s and c work ….tough on the players ...O Connor and Kerry must be laughing.
Old 28-05-2019, 01:46 PM

Any idea of panel? Would assume lot of guys ruled out due to leaving cert?
https://www.southernstar.ie/sport/ro...in-clonakilty/