tempobet Instagram Profiles
Cork u20 football 2019 - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-11-2018, 02:18 PM
CORK1990 CORK1990 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinslad View Post
can a minor play u20 aswell in the same year. I know it sounds ridiculous but conor Corbett is outrageously good.
As the Minors are now u17 which i dont agree with its too young ...they should go back to 18 ...i wont mention any u17s ....and no they cant play u20.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 29-12-2018, 02:24 PM
West Cork Gaol West Cork Gaol is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 129
Default

Kerry u20s have a training panel in place since November. Nothing happening in Cork yet. Gene o Driscoll is now manager but who are his backroom team? Why would any dual player pick football over hurling in Cork with this attitude
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 29-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Podsy Podsy is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 439
Default

The U20 Management starting late is far from ideal - and I'm not blaming anyone for this as for all I know it may have been unavoidable. As I understand it the new Executive have appointed O'Driscoll on a one-year term meaning that all football managers' deals expire at the end of 2019 when an overall view will be taken and a joined-up plan will be put in place.

For now there's still plenty time to gather the best talent together, get them playing cohesively and to work with the U-18's and U-19's as well. We've lost some ground over the winter (and, as WCG quite rightly says the dual players may have been "lost" to hurling) but time to get cracking now.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30-12-2018, 07:54 PM
CORK1990 CORK1990 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podsy View Post
The U20 Management starting late is far from ideal - and I'm not blaming anyone for this as for all I know it may have been unavoidable. As I understand it the new Executive have appointed O'Driscoll on a one-year term meaning that all football managers' deals expire at the end of 2019 when an overall view will be taken and a joined-up plan will be put in place.

For now there's still plenty time to gather the best talent together, get them playing cohesively and to work with the U-18's and U-19's as well. We've lost some ground over the winter (and, as WCG quite rightly says the dual players may have been "lost" to hurling) but time to get cracking now.
Podsy I Think Ronan McCarthy and co are in for the 2020 season as well got a 3 year deal !
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Podsy Podsy is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 439
Default

Sorry, you're right Corkfan. I think all the underage ones are up at the end of the year?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-01-2019, 07:49 PM
moccork moccork is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cork Gaol View Post
Kerry u20s have a training panel in place since November. Nothing happening in Cork yet. Gene o Driscoll is now manager but who are his backroom team? Why would any dual player pick football over hurling in Cork with this attitude
You hardly expect any player to choose football over hurling if he has a chance of making the hurling team.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-01-2019, 09:10 PM
West Cork Gaol West Cork Gaol is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moccork View Post
You hardly expect any player to choose football over hurling if he has a chance of making the hurling team.
Put yourself in a 17 year old mindset. Born 2001 what success has he ever seen in Cork hurling? I know 4 players on this year's Cork minor football panel who would have been on the hurling panel but choose football. There reason was we had better minor football team and they thought football preparation was far superior than the hurling set-up.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Choice is yours Choice is yours is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 9,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cork Gaol View Post
Put yourself in a 17 year old mindset. Born 2001 what success has he ever seen in Cork hurling? I know 4 players on this year's Cork minor football panel who would have been on the hurling panel but choose football. There reason was we had better minor football team and they thought football preparation was far superior than the hurling set-up.
I fancy them to rattle Kerry this year, Olly Rua is a good man and has them well drilled. They were fair unlucky down there last year.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
what about you creepy old leper in the attic feasting well on welfare Pot-Noodles
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 21-01-2019, 08:39 PM
CORK1990 CORK1990 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,623
Default

It might be July before championship starts but a new management are going in and they have it all to do ,looking at players, s and c work ….tough on the players ...O Connor and Kerry must be laughing.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 28-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Darkarts Darkarts is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 29
Default

Any idea of panel? Would assume lot of guys ruled out due to leaving cert?
https://www.southernstar.ie/sport/ro...in-clonakilty/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.