tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The official Cork and Irish Basketball thread. - Page 1175 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11741  
Old 17-07-2019, 03:39 PM
High Post High Post is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5,598
Default

[QUOTE=exmonboy;64824 72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Post View Post
didn’t 1 of those players try to leave to go to demons last september
And all that poaching now means that as a club Demons have no super league or regional league team. They should have looked after their own instead of chasing the O'Sullivans and Downey. Yes they had a record breaking and setting year and made a strong claim to being the second greatest team in the history of the sport in Ireland but it counts for nothing now.

Don't get me wrong Neptune are in worse shape as every bit of young talent is gone out the door convinced by themselves andsome coaches down there who should know better that they will make it in the USA.

At senior level there is serious passion missing from the game and it is not like 30 years ago where it was life and death.
Reply With Quote
  #11742  
Old 17-07-2019, 07:18 PM
exmonboy exmonboy is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 71
Default

[QUOTE=High Post;6482487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmonboy View Post

And all that poaching now means that as a club Demons have no super league or regional league team. They should have looked after their own instead of chasing the O'Sullivans and Downey. Yes they had a record breaking and setting year and made a strong claim to being the second greatest team in the history of the sport in Ireland but it counts for nothing now.

Don't get me wrong Neptune are in worse shape as every bit of young talent is gone out the door convinced by themselves andsome coaches down there who should know better that they will make it in the USA.

At senior level there is serious passion missing from the game and it is not like 30 years ago where it was life and death.
I
Look where tune are after looking after they’re own,&if yere in such bad shape ye have to poach so!!at least ye still have you,keep walking you dog.M.
Reply With Quote
  #11743  
Old 17-07-2019, 07:27 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,667
Default

Basketball should be bigger than this bickering lads ,it's all about survival and rebuilding now .Again !
Reply With Quote
  #11744  
Old 18-07-2019, 10:23 AM
keamoresouth keamoresouth is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,021
Default

Neptune to replace Demons in Superleague next year:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...ue-937828.html
Reply With Quote
  #11745  
Old 18-07-2019, 02:01 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keamoresouth View Post
Neptune to replace Demons in Superleague next year:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...ue-937828.html
Would Ballincolligs court be an issue ?
Reply With Quote
  #11746  
Old 18-07-2019, 07:23 PM
6thman 6thman is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Would Ballincolligs court be an issue ?
Quiet possibly, at least there will be super League in cork,💪
Reply With Quote
  #11747  
Old 19-07-2019, 10:06 AM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thman View Post
Quiet possibly, at least there will be super League in cork,💪
Very true and the young players need something to aspire to.
Reply With Quote
  #11748  
Old 19-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Lay-up Lay-up is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 187
Default

https://www.basketballireland.ie/news-detail/10053466/ :
The Board of Basketball Ireland invite questions and observations on the documents below in writing.
These should be submitted to consultation@basketb allireland.ie not later than September 30th.
Should a club, an Area Board or a Committee desire a meeting with members of the Steering Committee to discuss these documents please send a request to the same email and it will be arranged.

The planned timetable is:
• July 18th– issue of documents to all members
• September 30th – closing date for receipt of feedback
• October – consideration by the Steering Committee of the feedback, including meetings if requested, followed by issue of amended draft if needed.
• Late November/ early December – convening of EGM.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTS BELOW:
COMMENTARY ON NEW CONSTITUTION OF BASKETBALL IRELAND - April.pdf
Proposed New Constitution 2019.pdf
WHAT'S THE STORY ?.
Reply With Quote
  #11749  
Old 19-07-2019, 02:29 PM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay-up View Post
https://www.basketballireland.ie/news-detail/10053466/ :
The Board of Basketball Ireland invite questions and observations on the documents below in writing.
These should be submitted to consultation@basketb allireland.ie not later than September 30th.
Should a club, an Area Board or a Committee desire a meeting with members of the Steering Committee to discuss these documents please send a request to the same email and it will be arranged.

The planned timetable is:
• July 18th– issue of documents to all members
• September 30th – closing date for receipt of feedback
• October – consideration by the Steering Committee of the feedback, including meetings if requested, followed by issue of amended draft if needed.
• Late November/ early December – convening of EGM.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTS BELOW:
COMMENTARY ON NEW CONSTITUTION OF BASKETBALL IRELAND - April.pdf
Proposed New Constitution 2019.pdf
WHAT'S THE STORY ?.

Lot of reading there ,what's your read on it ?
Reply With Quote
  #11750  
Old 12-08-2019, 02:11 AM
6thman 6thman is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 585
Default

On a different note ,big hype surrounding demons u20 coach,wonder what happened the coach who had them for yrs bar one u18season when Shane coughlan got them,is it the demons click taking over ,I hope not but seems to be ,is the the clubs way of keeping old heads sweet ,and keeping outsiders outside ......even if they coach their for yrs they are not demons and never will be,to the detriment of the club..

Last edited by 6thman; 12-08-2019 at 02:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Dr.Feelgood & the Electric Mayhem

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼






tester
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.