Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2009, 02:05 PM

Good to see a sign up in the "magic roundabout" with details on the March on Sat 7th!

Lets keep spreading the word and have more of this!
Old 30-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Senior PROC Member

There won't be a march if we don't get it approved by Anglesea St and get stewarding arranged etc.........any word from the PROC on this?

Rebelbell - did you not see my post?
Old 30-01-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbell View Post
If you notice I mention cork hurling team in general before going onto the group of players that are disgracing cork hurling. not much irony there if you read it properly.

Lets say the players win and ger gets the boot and they bring in someone lets say Ray Cummins for argument sake. If the players don't like him will they go on strike again? Then they replace Ray but the players don't like his replacement either? Another strike?

Why don't they just do what the players want and let them manage the team themselves. That works well when you have people like O'Sullivan and Cusack who are near the end of their careers and don't want to leave.

And to the Dude who said how dare I mention Jack Lynch, Christy Ring. I'm sure they didn't like certain coachs either but they got on with it like men and won trophies unlike the crowd there today!
Sin ea

The CCB led by Frank Murphy purposefully set up this conflict to exact revenge / consolidate power - they do not care about the best interestsof Cork Hurling - the real players do.

That is the situation and the real players are abolutely justifed to call halt to this nonsense. As was said there is a sickness at the heart of the CCB and it needs to be addressed.
Old 30-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post

Rebelbell - did you not see my post?
Ya I saw your post. Thats the players opinion of what is good for cork hurling. Personnally I feel they have a hidden agenda. What they are looking for is to become pros. Its not going to happen. If it does it will ruin the GAA. They want one of their own to be appointed manager aswell. that doesn't happen in any sport. the players play the managers manage. Its the same across the world
Old 30-01-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Ya I saw your post. Thats the players opinion of what is good for cork hurling. Personnally I feel they have a hidden agenda. What they are looking for is to become pros. Its not going to happen. If it does it will ruin the GAA. They want one of their own to be appointed manager aswell. that doesn't happen in any sport. the players play the managers manage. Its the same across the world
But.............this manager doesn't manage - he had lost the dressing room and he was still appointed - I think you're looking in the wrong place for hidden agendas.

The turning pro charge is BS, always was only mud to throw by the CCB and lackeys (Mr. 4 Post) - the only thing at a professional level they ever wanted is the set up around training, facilities, management, and leadership.
Old 30-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorriedarelike View Post
The CCB led by Frank Murphy purposefully set up this conflict to exact revenge / consolidate power - they do not care about the best interestsof Cork Hurling - the real players do.
Nut shell

Nail head

It's really quite a simple issue when you break it down.
Old 30-01-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
and adminstrators should administrate for the good of the organisation and not in their own personal interests! The root of the problem here is Frank.
Old 30-01-2009, 03:10 PM

There may be some squeamish about the following suggestion but here goes:

In addition to the Feb 7 march, I would suggest a month-long Black Flag Campaign on Street Lights, Houses and above all on Cars - if it took off, it would show fairly quickly where the issue stands among the public.

I suppose you could go with Cork flags but a danger there is that the PR firm would claim it for the other (very small minority) side.
Old 30-01-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred View Post
and adminstrators should administrate for the good of the organisation and not in their own personal interests! The root of the problem here is Frank.
Congratulation's that post is outstanding for it's sheer simplicity.Real Rebel,Tipp Pat and all you other pro board muppet's stop complicating a simple issue.
Old 30-01-2009, 03:21 PM

Back of today's echo says that the march is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Can somebody enlighten those muppets? Is the Kerry sports editor of the Kerry Examiner after taking total control?
Closed Thread