Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 16-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Senior PROC Member

It would be funny HonkY if it wasnt for the fact that this c**t has set the game back about 3 decades in this country, if not longer with the stadium debt.
Old 16-05-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
It would be funny HonkY if it wasnt for the fact that this c**t has set the game back about 3 decades in this country, if not longer with the stadium debt.
yup - I was going to put the Aviva burning in the background but I'm afraid time isn't my friend these days

I had a block booking for about 20 years at lansdowne, remember the days when tickets were like gold dust? Look at the shambles now, and look at the rugby lads with no issues financially, debt well in hand, and working off a minority sport base (albeit wealthy)

Delaney is our Hugo Chavez, the massive gobshite
Old 16-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
yup - I was going to put the Aviva burning in the background but I'm afraid time isn't my friend these days

I had a block booking for about 20 years at lansdowne, remember the days when tickets were like gold dust? Look at the shambles now, and look at the rugby lads with no issues financially, debt well in hand, and working off a minority sport base (albeit wealthy)

Top meme-age all the same

I remember going to playoffs against Turkey and France and the clamour for tickets. Now they actually cant give away tickets. I went to the Denmark game before christmas, never again. A shambles.

The comparison with the rugby is damning. Who could pick Philip Browne out of a lineup?

JD is still drawing down huge money. It is beyond a joke.

Last edited by One; 16-05-2019 at 11:00 AM..
Old 16-05-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Top meme-age all the same

I remember going to playoffs against Turkey and France and the clamout for tickets. Now they actually cant give away tickets. I went to the Denmark game before christmas, never again. A shambles.

The comparison with the rugby is damning. Who could pick Philip Browne out of a lineup?

He is still drawing down huge money. It is beyond a joke.
Probably the best game I was ever at in terms of the quality on the pitch for both sides - the DMs were Makelele and Keane.. a proper face off

I had 5 tickets for that match, felt like George the Greek turning up with them
Old 16-05-2019, 01:52 PM

You would hope this whole fiasco could serve to eventually become a tabula rasa. Similarily to the shitstorm surrounding the IOC a couple of years back when they were forces to get their act together.
This is an opportunity for a new board to come in and re-generate all elements of football in Ireland. It will be difficult due to the reported financial difficulties no doubt, but if this opportunity is not taken and the status quo continues with a few deckchairs moved around on the Titanic then Irish football will be in the doldrums for a very very long time.
Old 16-05-2019, 02:38 PM

And the galling thing is, a lot of us knew he was a bent cunt. Yes, "knowing" and proving are two different things, but still.
Fuck Delaney and the FAI indeed.

Maybe, per the tabula rasa thing, it would be possible to liquidate the FAI a la Rangers, and start again with a clean slate.
Old 16-05-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:

Your middle paragraph sounds like a description of Ballincollig’s sporting fortunes.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Senior PROC Member

Tabula Rasa.
I think you’re me dazza
Old 16-05-2019, 08:57 PM
Senior PROC Member

Old 16-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote: