Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #13451  
Old 15-04-2019, 10:49 PM
Shabby Shabby is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,104
Default

Early days for City but it’s going to be a relegation battle it seems. A few results could easily have gone their way but when you find ways to lose when you should be picking up points, it’s a bad sign of a team.

I think people need to realise that this league makes it hard to clubs to sustain teams at the top. You could have a great team one season and lose them all at the end of the season because of financial issues and offers from England for the good players. City lost some very good players, especially in attack and didn’t replace them. I knew they wouldn’t be challenging this season and expect them to end up mid table eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #13452  
Old 15-04-2019, 11:03 PM
TheEarlofPearl TheEarlofPearl is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 8,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Early days for City but it’s going to be a relegation battle it seems. A few results could easily have gone their way but when you find ways to lose when you should be picking up points, it’s a bad sign of a team.

I think people need to realise that this league makes it hard to clubs to sustain teams at the top. You could have a great team one season and lose them all at the end of the season because of financial issues and offers from England for the good players. City lost some very good players, especially in attack and didn’t replace them. I knew they wouldn’t be challenging this season and expect them to end up mid table eventually.
Maybe pop out to TC and offer your support instead of doffing your cap to the EPL on SkySports, fanboy


















__________________
Originally Posted by One
If you disagree fair enough, spare me the personal attacks.
Reply With Quote
  #13453  
Old 15-04-2019, 11:15 PM
Shabby Shabby is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarlofPearl View Post
Maybe pop out to TC and offer your support instead of doffing your cap to the EPL on SkySports, fanboy



















Went to a few games last season more out of curiosity about the standard of the league than anything and found it to be fairly poor stuff. Sadlier looked the best player by a mile but it was long ball after long ball so he was just feeding off scraps. McLoughlin looked a very tidy centre half. Will pop down again at some stage this season but not until things warm up a bit!
Reply With Quote
  #13454  
Old 16-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Beamish Beamish is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby View Post
Early days for City but it’s going to be a relegation battle it seems. A few results could easily have gone their way but when you find ways to lose when you should be picking up points, it’s a bad sign of a team.

I think people need to realise that this league makes it hard to clubs to sustain teams at the top. You could have a great team one season and lose them all at the end of the season because of financial issues and offers from England for the good players. City lost some very good players, especially in attack and didn’t replace them. I knew they wouldn’t be challenging this season and expect them to end up mid table eventually.
Stick to yerra-ing about some club in England m8.
Reply With Quote
  #13455  
Old 16-04-2019, 08:24 AM
Beamish Beamish is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord of the Funk View Post
agreed as he's one of JC's untouchables despite being crap since they won the league...and he has notions of still going to the UK in league one or two
Yeah he's been utter muck for the bones of two seasons.


Should be dropped.


Caulfield is done.
They wern't good enough last year, the standard of play was hopeless but they were getting results.

This season has just been a continuation of the dismal form of the tail end last season.
Reply With Quote
  #13456  
Old 16-04-2019, 09:49 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 16,819
Default

Sad to see it all go this way. Managers in football almost invariably end on a downward spiral before getting sacked but Johnny C could tarnish a good reputation with CCFC as both a player (who always gave 100% and formed a great partnership with Skippy) and a manager who won a decent amount of silverware if he hangs around much longer.

Sorry to say it John, but best all round if you leave now - presupposing we've someone to take the team for the interim. 10 games in and the league is over for City. And the sickening thing is, even worse than Dundalk winning it, Sham Rovers are likely to win it. Can you imagine RTE crowing ad nauseum again
Reply With Quote
  #13457  
Old 16-04-2019, 10:27 AM
The Lord of the Funk The Lord of the Funk is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,762
Default

He kept giving the travelling fans the death stare and kept going out with a city official pointing at the fans ... yikes he’s losing the plot
Reply With Quote
  #13458  
Old 16-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Beamish Beamish is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5,589
Default

Waterford away friday night.


Losing to them would have been unthinkable a couple of seasons ago.
Will be surprised if we get a draw.
Reply With Quote
  #13459  
Old 16-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Big in Ballyvolane Big in Ballyvolane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The roving plains of Ballyvolane
Posts: 2,363
Default

Cork City are shit and deserve to be relegated. Prendeville was right to call their fans scum. Imagine an elected MP in Westminster giving a two fingered salute to the cameras at the FA Cup Final. No wonder this TD was asked to leave the stadium. SF lecturing us all on Irish nationalism yet supporting English sports.
Reply With Quote
  #13460  
Old 16-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Beamish Beamish is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big in Ballyvolane View Post
Cork City are shit and deserve to be relegated. Prendeville was right to call their fans scum. Imagine an elected MP in Westminster giving a two fingered salute to the cameras at the FA Cup Final. No wonder this TD was asked to leave the stadium. SF lecturing us all on Irish nationalism yet supporting English sports.
Would you ever shut the fuck up.


Muppet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.