tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official Spurs thread - Page 687 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-11-2019, 11:18 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
You're right, it is. Leicester are struggling badly a mere 2.5 seasons later.
Yeah they might get top four after a few seasons in 9th place.

#Aspirational

'Jose Mourinho is in advanced talks to become Tottenham's new manager and both parties believe a deal will be concluded by the morning, according to Sky Sports News'.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
Yeah they might get top four after a few seasons in 9th place.

#Aspirational

'Jose Mourinho is in advanced talks to become Tottenham's new manager and both parties believe a deal will be concluded by the morning, according to Sky Sports News'.
For a club like Leicester to find their feet again a couple of years after the most outrageous footballing achievements of all time is great going. Clubs with more money have drifted off into oblivion after winning titles. It was a terrible analogy.

Everything runs in cycles. Both Spurs and Pochettino can part ways and go on to better things. The methods he used to get them to the heights he got them to aren't possible anymore. Some of that is down to bad luck and some he'd have to take responsibility for.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:30 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
For a club like Leicester to find their feet again a couple of years after the most outrageous footballing achievements of all time is great going. Clubs with more money have drifted off into oblivion after winning titles. It was a terrible analogy.

Everything runs in cycles. Both Spurs and Pochettino can part ways and go on to better things. The methods he used to get them to the heights he got them to aren't possible anymore. Some of that is down to bad luck and some he'd have to take responsibility for.
He had a bad run of games.

With what Pocchetino achieved he should have got the season. Time will tell.

With Ranieri they should have built a statue to him for pulling off the biggest feat in modern English football.

People will say Poch won nothing but regular top four finishes and nearly a champions league on a very conservative net spend whilst playing terrific football will take some bettering.

I don't see Jose being that man. Not with what Levy will allow him. Spurs are about to learn the grass is not always greener.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
He had a bad run of games.

With what Pocchetino achieved he should have got the season. Time will tell.

With Ranieri they should have built a statue to him for pulling off the biggest feat in modern English football.

People will say Poch won nothing but regular top four finishes and nearly a champions league on a very conservative net spend whilst playing terrific football will take some bettering.

I don't see Jose being that man. Not with what Levy will allow him. Spurs are about to learn the grass is not always greener.
By that logic, so has Ole.

By the way..."people will say..." I wonder what people they are. I'll have one pint of Beamish there please. The reaction to "builds egos" is not forgotten.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:49 PM

There is no manager in the world who could have done what he did with us the last five years....Now we are a different animal....despite of the stadium....the new manager will have money to spend....but he made us and changed peoples perception of us....f..k the haters
Old 19-11-2019, 11:53 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
By that logic, so has Ole.
Erm ok.

You seem to have gone all in on this decision, to any neutral it looks mental. He is a victim of his own raised expectations.

Good luck with Jose. Well known for delivering on a budget.

Welcome back Spurs.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCityKid View Post
There is no manager in the world who could have done what he did with us the last five years....Now we are a different animal....despite of the stadium....the new manager will have money to spend....but he made us and changed peoples perception of us....f..k the haters
That's all true but it doesn't have to mean it's the end of the world. The days of the Poch press are long gone. Harry Kane's ankles possibly the primary reason for that. Things have been stale for quite a while. The CL run papering over a lot of shortcomings, with the final being more in keeping with the malaise.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
That's all true but it doesn't have to mean it's the end of the world. The days of the Poch press are long gone. Harry Kane's ankles possibly the primary reason for that. Things have been stale for quite a while. The CL run papering over a lot of shortcomings, with the final being more in keeping with the malaise.
I hope your right pal...I just don;t see it the same way!! You think Jose will bring us trophies??
Old 19-11-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCityKid View Post
I hope your right pal...I just don;t see it the same way!! You think Jose will bring us trophies??
he usually does, to be fair.
Old 20-11-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Erm ok.

You seem to have gone all in on this decision, to any neutral it looks mental. He is a victim of his own raised expectations.

Good luck with Jose. Well known for delivering on a budget.

Welcome back Spurs.
It's not so much that I'm all in, more that I've seen it coming and it doesn't have to be seen as a disgrace or a disaster. If Spurs were unlucky in getting bad results, I'd be more concerned, but they've been poor since last season. It was the end of a cycle one way or another. A painful rebuild with Pochettino or try something different. I'm ok with either option.