tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Yet another shinner councillor overboard. - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 27-01-2019, 09:51 PM
richiepurg richiepurg is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloblock View Post
SF have lost a few, it's true, and I suspect there is an issue with party expansion coming up against internal culture. It's hard to maintain at this point the same level of discipline which characterised SF as an embattled political wing of a paramilitary group. But having said that, the loss of a handful of councillors is small stuff. SF's biggest problem in the south is that they are prepared to sell out their C2DE support base in order to share the trough with FFG - they will never win over the ABC1s, and they can only alienate the C2DEs.
Handfull ? will try to get exact figures which would indicate either that you are wrong or you have huge hands.
__________________
Come in till I bate ya.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 27-01-2019, 10:56 PM
sloblock sloblock is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 6,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiepurg View Post
Handfull ? will try to get exact figures which would indicate either that you are wrong or you have huge hands.
It may well be a larger number. My point is that it is not a particular issue for SF. I confidently assert that most of these people were elected because they were SF candidates, rather than for any particular personal attributes. And because SF is becoming more nakedly opportunistic, it must expect more careerists to jump the bandwagon.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 28-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloblock View Post
It may well be a larger number. My point is that it is not a particular issue for SF. I confidently assert that most of these people were elected because they were SF candidates, rather than for any particular personal attributes. And because SF is becoming more nakedly opportunistic, it must expect more careerists to jump the bandwagon.
Possibly - I'd say a lot of Soccer Jontin's voters would give a turnip the vote if it had the SF logo next to it. Always a seat there for SF.

However, likes of say Donnacha o' L in South Central got huge personal vote too. Know few lads in Barrs territory who would generally run a mile from SF but gave him the nod. If he jumped ship, a lot of votes would transfer with him.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 28-01-2019, 02:00 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel cnc View Post
possibly - i'd say a lot of soccer jontin's voters would give a turnip the vote if it had the sf logo next to it. Always a seat there for sf.

However, likes of say donnacha o' l in south central got huge personal vote too. Know few lads in barrs territory who would generally run a mile from sf but gave him the nod. If he jumped ship, a lot of votes would transfer with him.
it will be interesting to see if peadar toibin seat was a toibin seat or sf seat,
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Choice is yours Choice is yours is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 9,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
it will be interesting to see if peadar toibin seat was a toibin seat or sf seat,
In 2007, their vote was around 11% in Meath West, when he ran in 2011 he got 17.4 and 24 in 2017. SF vote in 2011 was 11%, 2017 it was 14% nationwide
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
what about you creepy old leper in the attic feasting well on welfare Pot-Noodles
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 28-01-2019, 03:23 PM
sloblock sloblock is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 6,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
it will be interesting to see if peadar toibin seat was a toibin seat or sf seat,
He is effectively projecting this new party as a pro-life SF. Meath West voted 64-36 in favour of repealing the 8th amendment. I would think his seat is in jeopardy.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Choice is yours Choice is yours is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 9,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloblock View Post
He is effectively projecting this new party as a pro-life SF. Meath West voted 64-36 in favour of repealing the 8th amendment. I would think his seat is in jeopardy.
It's a 3 seater with two FG the last time out(one elected). No one else figured so I think he will be safe enough, the FF'er that topped the poll wanted to keep the 8th amendment as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
what about you creepy old leper in the attic feasting well on welfare Pot-Noodles
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
In 2007, their vote was around 11% in Meath West, when he ran in 2011 he got 17.4 and 24 in 2017. SF vote in 2011 was 11%, 2017 it was 14% nationwide
Presume you mean 2016 GE. 24% for SF is some vote - would suggest big personal vote there.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 28-01-2019, 05:05 PM
sloblock sloblock is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 6,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
It's a 3 seater with two FG the last time out(one elected). No one else figured so I think he will be safe enough, the FF'er that topped the poll wanted to keep the 8th amendment as well.
Bit I assume SF will run against him.... It may come down to a straight race between Tóibín & SF, or a failure of transfers could leave the 2nd FG in.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 28-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Choice is yours Choice is yours is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 9,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
Presume you mean 2016 GE. 24% for SF is some vote - would suggest big personal vote there.
Yes typo
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
what about you creepy old leper in the attic feasting well on welfare Pot-Noodles
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.