Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 13-06-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
And the Jury is still out!

Told you there would be snowflakes trying to find reasons to find them not guilty.
Christ above

they heard 6 weeks of evidence Duffs, they need to go through it all carefully to make sure they are satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt, because that is the criteria required. If they were back in 10 minutes you'd be more concerned FFS
Old 13-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Senior PROC Member

If boy A is found guilty then by extension boy B shares his guilt as he led the girl to her death, he can't claim that he didn't know he was putting her in danger as boy A had previously discussed an intention to kill her, on that basis I think there is a strong chance he will also go down even though he may not have laid a finger on her.

If boy B walks it will be a major black mark against the DPP and our justice system as a whole.
Old 13-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Senior PROC Member

2nd day and no verdict!

Latest: The jury in the Ana Kriegel trial has been sent home for the evening having deliberated for just over four-and-a-half hours in total.

They have been asked to consider whether two teenage boys murdered the Kildare schoolgirl in Dublin on May 14 last year.

They will also have to decide whether one of the boys is guilty of an aggravated sexual assault.
Old 13-06-2019, 06:30 PM

If I was the Mother of any of those boys , with the evidence against them, even with Boy B, I couldn't get passed it to be able to defend them wholeheartedly.

A young girl was lured firstly at the very least to be abused ...and subsequently lost her life in horrific circumstances.

Give them a fair trial? Yes absolutely.

Do everything to get them off!!??...Nah. How would anyone have a free heart after that? Not me. Son or no son.
Old 13-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Senior PROC Member

Erra whats to discuss.

They're both guilty as sin.
Old 13-06-2019, 06:42 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
If boy B walks it will be a major black mark against the DPP and our justice system as a whole.
Yes, he brought her to her executon and her executioner, he looked on while this naked and helpless girl fought to save her life until she collapsed from the blows on the head and with the tape he supplied strangling her. Even if he is not guilty of murder (i.e. assisting the murder), he did not lift a finger to help her get out of the situation he had put her in.

According to the judge's summary, the latter case would mean he's not guilty of any crime.
Old 13-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowelio View Post
Yes, he brought her to her executon and her executioner, he looked on while this naked and helpless girl fought to save her life until she collapsed from the blows on the head and with the tape he supplied strangling her. Even if he is not guilty of murder (i.e. assisting the murder), he did not lift a finger to help her get out of the situation he had put her in.

According to the judge's summary, the latter case would mean he's not guilty of any crime.
So you would advocate for a system whereby if you witness a crime and do not intervene (for whatever reason) you are guilty of an offence?
Old 13-06-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
So you would advocate for a system whereby if you witness a crime and do not intervene (for whatever reason) you are guilty of an offence?
You are conveniently omitting that he was responsible for leading her there, then left the scene knowing what was happening, never reported it, and allowed a search lasting 3 days to proceed knowing where Ana’s body was

Not exactly where you were leading Nowelio
Old 13-06-2019, 07:15 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara021 View Post
If I was the Mother of any of those boys , with the evidence against them, even with Boy B, I couldn't get passed it to be able to defend them wholeheartedly.

A young girl was lured firstly at the very least to be abused ...and subsequently lost her life in horrific circumstances.

Give them a fair trial? Yes absolutely.

Do everything to get them off!!??...Nah. How would anyone have a free heart after that? Not me. Son or no son.
Thankfully not all parents are entitled sociopaths like Pearly.
Old 13-06-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
He did more than simply witness a crime, but I hear your point, and the only aspect to this apparent leniency towards Boy B has me somewhat sitting on the fence ,is that in my experience Judges / Barristers are generally highly intelligent people that sift through the quagmire fairly easily. Solicitors in my experience like to have things in neat little boxes going up before the courts, and in some cases there is a little more grey area that should be considered imho.

Howver this judge it appears to be advocating favourablely to boy B ...maybe all the evidence leads to this I don't know. In which case I may be swayed .

What I feel may be a contention in this case is the boys age. A 13 yr olds brain is not yet fully developed and so a myriad of factors can be taken I suppose into consideration. Having said that a 13 yr old is certainly not devoid of all intelligence and so is definitely guilty of something.

Perhaps our legal system need to provide for this . Maybe they do, but I am not comfortable with boy B getting off tbh. We have a generation of very advanced youngsters in comparison to the way we experienced childhood. We can't just ignore devious actions just because the deviant is young.