Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 18-02-2011, 08:33 PM

Agree with delzer, though it is improving on each successive listen. More of a grower, perhaps.

The two part idea is interesting: wasn't there a completely different tracklisting leaked originally? Maybe the two monsters on the album cover are a clue.

Though probably not!

EDIT: Just checked, In Rainbows is only 42 mins long. Saying that, there was a few extra songs to that album that were released later as well!
Old 18-02-2011, 08:54 PM

Well ive had two listens now....love it! which is a relief as i wasnt too impressed on first listen(btw,big thanks to Aphex for the link)

The theory about a second part is all over the place,have to say unlike most internet rumours it makes sense,last song is called "Separator"(includin g the last line,"if you think this is over then you are wrong")the "newspaper" album is on 2 vinyls,which is over twice as much as you would need for 37 mins......

Anyway,its great!
Old 18-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Nightshaw View Post
Well ive had two listens now....love it! which is a relief as i wasnt too impressed on first listen(btw,big thanks to Aphex for the link)

The theory about a second part is all over the place,have to say unlike most internet rumours it makes sense,last song is called "Separator"(includin g the last line,"if you think this is over then you are wrong")the "newspaper" album is on 2 vinyls,which is over twice as much as you would need for 37 mins......

Anyway,its great!
Kid A was on double vinyl if memory serves me right, that had a running time of 49 minutes.
Old 18-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delzer View Post
Kid A was on double vinyl if memory serves me right, that had a running time of 49 minutes.

37 minutes would fit very comfortably on single vinyl though,anything under 45 minutes wont effect sound quality(which is why most albums up until the cd age were around the 45 min mark)......theres no need for two discs for this album! there must be at least bonus tracks like last time
Old 18-02-2011, 09:27 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Nightshaw View Post
37 minutes would fit very comfortably on single vinyl though,anything under 45 minutes wont effect sound quality(which is why most albums up until the cd age were around the 45 min mark)......theres no need for two discs for this album! there must be at least bonus tracks like last time
Unless it's two 10" discs.
Old 18-02-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:

Hmmmm.......bollocks,you have a point.....but i dont see why they would split 8 tracks over two discs......but then they are Radiohead,they just fuckin might!

I still like my more hopeful(stolen)theor y
Old 18-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Whole lotta Meh.
Old 18-02-2011, 09:58 PM

Separator is easily the best track on the album...I could go back to that a lot...Codex is decent but it's Pyramid Song-lite IMO...

Not too bothered with the rest...
Old 18-02-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Thats exactly what it is, 2 x 10" vinyls:
http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/DIGBP.htm
Old 19-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Hehehe