Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-06-2019, 08:12 PM
PROC Member

Lads anyone here anything bout but of trouble between ballinure and nemo apparently ballinure in bit of bother
Old 11-06-2019, 01:15 PM
PROC Member

East Cork Junior A Football Results
Cobh 2-8 vs 2-10 Glenbower Rovers
Midleton 2-12 vs 3-14 Carraig na bhFear
Castlemartyr 0-9 vs 0-8 Carrigtwohill
Erins Own 4-15 vs 2-8 Dungourney
Cloyne 3-1 vs 1-9 Lisgoold
Castlelyons 0-8 vs 0-11 Russell Rovers
Fr. O'Neills 1-15 vs 0-6 St Catherines

Second Round
Carrigtwohill 0-12 vs 3-10 Dungourney
Midleton 2-13 vs 4-9 Cloyne
Castlelyons 5-16 vs 0-10 St Catherines

Third Round
Cobh 4-12 vs Castlelyons 1-8
Cloyne 2-5 vs 3-9Carraig na bhFear
Dungourney 2-10 vs 1-10Lisgoold

1/4 final results
Cobh 2-11 - 2-8 Fr. O'Neills
Dungourney 0-8 - 2-12Glenbower Rovers
Carraig na bhFear 1-5 - 3-8 Erins Own
Castlemartyr 0-8 - 1-9 Russell Rovers

Semi Final
R Cobh vs Glenbower Rovers
S Erins Own vs Russell Rovers
Old 13-06-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom81 View Post
East Cork Junior A Football Results
Cobh 2-8 vs 2-10 Glenbower Rovers
Midleton 2-12 vs 3-14 Carraig na bhFear
Castlemartyr 0-9 vs 0-8 Carrigtwohill
Erins Own 4-15 vs 2-8 Dungourney
Cloyne 3-1 vs 1-9 Lisgoold
Castlelyons 0-8 vs 0-11 Russell Rovers
Fr. O'Neills 1-15 vs 0-6 St Catherines

Second Round
Carrigtwohill 0-12 vs 3-10 Dungourney
Midleton 2-13 vs 4-9 Cloyne
Castlelyons 5-16 vs 0-10 St Catherines

Third Round
Cobh 4-12 vs Castlelyons 1-8
Cloyne 2-5 vs 3-9Carraig na bhFear
Dungourney 2-10 vs 1-10Lisgoold

1/4 final results
Cobh 2-11 - 2-8 Fr. O'Neills
Dungourney 0-8 - 2-12Glenbower Rovers
Carraig na bhFear 1-5 - 3-8 Erins Own
Castlemartyr 0-8 - 1-9 Russell Rovers

Semi Final
R Cobh vs Glenbower Rovers
S Erins Own vs Russell Rovers
Are Erin’s own favourites to win out the division ? Only a few years ago they lost a county final
Old 14-06-2019, 12:22 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooseball View Post
Are Erin’s own favourites to win out the division ? Only a few years ago they lost a county final
I would think so, Russell Rovers are only up from Junior B so they should cruise past them
Old 14-06-2019, 12:26 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom81 View Post
I would think so, Russell Rovers are only up from Junior B so they should cruise past them
Fair point but all depends how seriously Erin’s Own decide to take it. Russell Rovers and Cobh the last 2 Winners of the county junior B so will be interesting to see how they get on. East Cork junior A football isn’t the highest of standards
Old 14-06-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork93 View Post
Fair point but all depends how seriously Erin’s Own decide to take it. Russell Rovers and Cobh the last 2 Winners of the county junior B so will be interesting to see how they get on. East Cork junior A football isn’t the highest of standards
Is Kieran Histon still playing with Cobh can remember he was trying to get a transfer to Nemo/Douglas if I’m not mistaken
Old 14-06-2019, 04:55 PM
PROC Member

East cork are flying through champ. Muskerry still haven't played a round 2 game
Old 14-06-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooseball View Post
Is Kieran Histon still playing with Cobh can remember he was trying to get a transfer to Nemo/Douglas if I’m not mistaken
He's sitting out 96 weeks and transferring to Nemo, or trying to at least is what a lad from Nemo told me. Some waste of 2 years but he's young enough I guess.
Old 21-06-2019, 08:47 PM
PROC Member

Was in Mourneabbey this evening and happened to ramble across Ballinure v St. John’s in the C championship.. Ballinure had 4 sent off by the end and had absolutely no intention of playing football.. St. John’s could have won by 20+ but kicked an ocean of wides.. Nonetheless absolutely disgraceful behaviour from Ballinure, ref blew it up 10 mins early as it was bordering on dangerous..
Old 23-06-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelFamine View Post
Lads anyone here anything bout but of trouble between ballinure and nemo apparently ballinure in bit of bother
Yep Nemo player nearly lost an eye I heard. City division threw them out of the league. 3 or 4 clubs in their division refused to play them. Only Rochestown and Redmonds not refusing as far as I know. Loads of City division referees refusing to ref their games too.

In true City division style relented and let them back in, despite Ballinure's long record of such incidents. Then this happened -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LufcRebel View Post
Was in Mourneabbey this evening and happened to ramble across Ballinure v St. John’s in the C championship.. Ballinure had 4 sent off by the end and had absolutely no intention of playing football.. St. John’s could have won by 20+ but kicked an ocean of wides.. Nonetheless absolutely disgraceful behaviour from Ballinure, ref blew it up 10 mins early as it was bordering on dangerous..
Ballinure are a club on their last legs, gave up hurling a couple of years ago. Gave a load of walkovers in football last year and looked to be gone. You hate seeing a club going to the wall and I was glad to hear they seemed to be getting their act together.

I think it has gone too far now though. The GAA landscape would be better off without Ballinure.

These guys are more interested in off the ball incidents and hurting lads than playing ball. Many players who keep clubs going at the lower levels are family men with kids. I'm sure a lot of them would have to think carefully about playing Ballinure and coming home to their kids with a broken jaw, eye socket or worse.

I think the Nemo incident has gone legal.