tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The metal thread ..... - Page 53 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 24-09-2018, 11:33 AM

Yeah GnR sold out in a day. Metallica have their t-shirts in high street stores and everyone's girlfriend knows one or two of the tunes. It's not going to be a problem.

Forget metal, they're genuinely one of the largest touring acts on earth.
Old 24-09-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
naw, the north (in particular) is packed with metal fans, i'd be amazed if it didn't sell out
I dunno!!..they played to 35,000 max at the 03, 04 and 06 RDS gifs and didn’t quite sell out the 30,000 capacity market park in 08 and 09..just think 80k is a hard sell..apparently the foo fighters only sold 60-70,000 and they have had huge radio AirPlay and a huge casual following compared to metallica...think they will have to announce another big act like System of a Down if tickets sales need a boost in a few months..
Old 24-09-2018, 12:12 PM

I doubt you'll get bigger support than what's already been announced. If they go into panic mode then a more rounded hard rock band will be the way to go. System are sort of preaching to the converted.

Metallica can do it. It's great to sell out but the main thing is that the place looks full in aerial shots.

Everyone's already made their money.
Old 24-09-2018, 12:23 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing Therapy? as the token Irish act - they'd have a pretty good following still.
Old 28-09-2018, 07:55 AM

ticket in the bag anyway...still debating a bus to and from Dublin or camping...buses go for 11am on the sat morning so getting out there wont be an issue...its getting back to Dublin afterwards!!!

not sure if I want to spend two nights in a tent in Ireland in the rain either

also ive heard of loads of people going to this that have never seen metallica before so I guess the slane factor has an effect and they may get a respectable crowd

the Cure gig announced for the same day is terrible scheduling though and that will affect ticket sales
Old 08-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Banned

RIP Andre Matos

One of the most incredible voices ever to lend itself to metal. IMO Dream Theater were at best, a fragment of the band Angra were.

Stand away the dreaded burning life
Will leave its mark for those with no desire
Stand in front of the whole creation
Face the people starved like worms
Still I'm begging for comprehension
From the ones who rule us all
Is this field the dying embers soul
All around we mourn
Old 18-09-2019, 08:54 AM

part 1 of a doc on cork 80s/90s metal bands Judgement and Mr NSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJg7...mdbwbmYVDpJuVA

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/
Old 28-09-2019, 07:53 AM
PROC Member

I see that James Hetfield has gone back into rehab and Metallica have cancelled an Australian tour with Slipknot. Mental considering how long he's been "clean", it just goes to show that you're never really cured from alcoholism
Old 28-09-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerchantOfEnnis View Post
I see that James Hetfield has gone back into rehab and Metallica have cancelled an Australian tour with Slipknot. Mental considering how long he's been "clean", it just goes to show that you're never really cured from alcoholism
yeah just saw that this morning..17 years off the booze!!..seems strange after all these years clean but as you say you're never really cured...ive tickets to a few of their shows in Chile, Argentina and Brazil next April so hopefully he make a recovery by then...

His podcast with joe rogan is interesting and he talks a bit about rehab and addiction
Old 03-10-2019, 03:09 PM

Anyone heading up to Siege of Limerick this year? Always a top day out. Tribulations are the headliner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvJQGOFltSk

Couldn't get the Monday off work but Irish Rail just put up a train back to Cork at 22:50 so that's sorted me nicely. Plenty of time for day drinking in and around Dolans, straighten out a wee bit on the train back, be in bed for 1.

Got Mayhem the next weekend in Dublin. Should be a cracking night for the Parish. Ghost a few weeks after.