tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Rte = out of touch with ireland - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-12-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polladdy View Post
BBC3 is the British state broadcaster. I have no problem with change but abandoning irish boradcasting is bananas and frankly just trolling.
Might as well go back to the empire
RTÉ is already doing that:

Fair City = Cheap copy of East Enders

Crimecall = Cheap copy of Crimeline

Room To Improve = Cheap copy of Blue Peter

Dancing With The Stars = Local cheap version of Strictly Come Dancing, complete with licensing royalty paid to BBC for permission to use format

And so on.

Close down RTÉ and just broadcast one hour per night of news and current affairs.

Everything else is available on Virgin Media for free.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:09 PM

who in their right mind would admit to watching virgin media every program is almost british reality shite. Give me TG4 anyday over that shite.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:43 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
Their “industry and employment” correspondent is a mouthpiece for SIPTU. Their “agriculture and environment” correspondent is a failed ex TD. By the way, “agriculture” is responsible for over 30% of Ireland’s greenhouse emissions yet the same guy is supposed to cover the “environment” portfolio.
The “southern editor,” is from Kerry, which leads to reporting trivia from Killarney or Tralee on Friday nights or Monday mornings.

Most of their “factual” output is based around localised versions of international formats about baking, doing up houses, what goes on in a hospital/zoo/fire station, etc.

For this we’re forced to pay €160 a year under threat of jail.

It’s a massive scam and should be disbanded forthwith

You poor deluded child.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banker View Post
Kids today don’t watch TV.. they are on their iPads.. YouTube is the main item watched.. .. the battle is already lost..

I only watch sport myself.. previously RTÉ kept up the pretence of being a nationwide service. They don’t even pretend anymore.
That's it to a tee. And it's not a case of them pandering to elderly. It's just Dublin sh*te most of the time and almost exclusively within or about the pale.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
You poor deluded child.
Michael O’Leary put it so much better than I ever could:

The airline boss also branded RTE a "rat-infested North Korean union shop" before adding: "I can't turn on the bloody 9 O'Clock News without having to see Ingrid Miley's face giving me the latest spew from the Trotskyites and all the rest of it."

I know that won’t go down well with SFFFFG but that’s the way it is.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:40 PM

Rarely look at it but as it happens 😉 flicked on it on Sunday and new series about WOI was on.saw about half of it ,not bad I must admit.160 a year's worth....I dunno.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:58 AM

Has anyone watched Resistance and is it yet another drama based in Dublin? Is there anything about the events in Cork during the War of Independence acknowledging the fact that there were more violent incidents in Cork than any other county?