tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
draft dodging destinations - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: where did YOU go?
south of the border steve. crazy times. 5 41.67%
i spent the war getting high in a foxhole you traitorous loser 1 8.33%
i worked in a little head shop in toronto. man we were so free. 3 25.00%
i hid out at my uncles farm upstate with some kids from salt lake city 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2006, 12:11 PM

I spent most of the time hiding out up around the North West coast of British Columbia. The plan was originally to head up there and let the head die down a bit, hook up with my mate Jesse and then head south for Tierra de Fuego.
Things didn’t really work out as I planned. I found myself in a little port town called Gibson's Landing; little did I know that I would spend the next 19 years of my life there!

I got a job working on the ‘Persephone’, beachcombing mostly, but with a little freight work here and there. Working out of Gibson's Landing, we mostly ran the inlets up around the Sunshine coast.

I didn’t realise it at the time, but those 19 years were the best 19 years of my life.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgee
Know him? I roomed with the guy for like, two years. Remember that wacked-out Quebecoise chick he hung out with? Marie? I never heard her speak. Not once. Serious. She'd just show up loaded, and sit cross-legged in the corner.
hell yeah. back then i was playing bass with 'the maypoles' and she used to show up at our gigs sometimes. she'd just sit there, didnt clap or anything. not even when we did our 'richard cory' cover.

the manager at the k lounge once told me her dad owned like, half of the buildings in downtown quebec? i just figured he was joshing me.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve sanders
hell yeah. back then i was playing bass with 'the maypoles' and she used to show up at our gigs sometimes. she'd just sit there, didnt clap or anything. not even when we did our 'richard cory' cover.

the manager at the k lounge once told me her dad owned like, half of the buildings in downtown quebec? i just figured he was joshing me.
Yeah, apparently the family were seriously big news in French canadian circles. Her uncle was like, prime minister of Quebec or some shit. The milkman told me that they'd send guys to try and bring her back every so often, but she used like, disappear and stay in that commune 'til the coast was clear.
you remember that commune? Had some kinda anarcho-commie thing going.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgee
Yeah, apparently the family were seriously big news in French canadian circles. Her uncle was like, prime minister of Quebec or some shit. The milkman told me that they'd send guys to try and bring her back every so often, but she used like, disappear and stay in that commune 'til the coast was clear.
you remember that commune? Had some kinda anarcho-commie thing going.
man i fuckin hated that place. i called round there a couple of times for ‘parties’ and all i ever heard from those people was how i oughta live my life this way, how one day ‘the borders would come down’ and all of north america would become a free land for the beautiful people, how the north vietnamese were being victimised for living the communist dream – i headed north to get away from the fuckin war know what i mean?

remember how, like, everyone there had that 'che' t-shirt – like some kinda uniform you know? we were supposed to be about FREEDOM man, not conformity.

sorry dude i dont wanna bring you down. just those people used to freak me out you know?
Old 02-03-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve sanders
man i fuckin hated that place. i called round there a couple of times for ‘parties’ and all i ever heard from those people was how i oughta live my life this way, how one day ‘the borders would come down’ and all of north america would become a free land for the beautiful people, how the north vietnamese were being victimised for living the communist dream – i headed north to get away from the fuckin war know what i mean?

remember how, like, everyone there had that 'che' t-shirt – like some kinda uniform you know? we were supposed to be about FREEDOM man, not conformity.

sorry dude i dont wanna bring you down. just those people used to freak me out you know?
Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I mean, I hated Nixon as much as the next guy, but after a few nights up there, hell, I felt like bombing some communists myself!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:32 PM

You two should write screenplays with Charlie Kaufman.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macuísle
Charlie works alone.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Or maybe they should just get a room.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:37 PM

No he doesn't. Look at the credits. He never does.

But you don't need him anyway.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
No he doesn't. Look at the credits. He never does.

But you don't need him anyway.
do you remember the short lived bronson pinchot vehicle 'the trouble with larry'? i thought it had potential.

apparently it didnt work out because bronson was leaning on charlie to get him to write scenes with courteney cox in her smalls... bronson had a real thing for her, he even used to show up at 'friends' shooting until the network banned him. he figured he was right for the ross character and that schwimmer was 'a punk kid with no talent'.