tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
IT companies in Cork? - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 24-10-2008, 02:00 PM

Default IT companies in Cork?

Hello!
I'm new in Cork City and I'm looking for a job, specially IT jobs because I have bachelor in computer science and some experience in J2EE, .NET, IMS...
I speak Spanish (I'm spanish) and English fluent (improving... )

I have many troubles with recruitment companies. I'm always sending my CV to many recruitment companies but I have not received any call, any interview.. nothing.

And I'm really worried about that because I see there are many IT staff wanted.

So, please, if you know any IT company in Cork (I know Apple of course ), the name or something, please tell me, and I'll go with my CV in hand because I don't trust in the recruitment companies and I prefer to bring my CV with me.

Probably here is different from Spain, maybe I have to wait many time, I don't know, but I'm really worried about the job in Cork.

Of course, if you hear something for wanted J2EE, .NET or telecom programmers remember me please.
Anyway, I'm looking for any kind of job without luck too.

Thank you very much and I hope this place be the proper to write this kind of desperate threads . If not, I'm really sorry

bye!

Last edited by dubharlinn; 24-10-2008 at 02:29 PM..
Old 24-10-2008, 02:07 PM

sending cv's is useless.

have you tried following up? calling into these agencies? asking for interview prep,

don't expect anything if you do nothing, anyone can send 1000000000 emails with their cv attached.

good luck, sounds like you'll need it.
Old 24-10-2008, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the response.
So, you mean Recruitment companis are completly usefull?

That's that I think. Because of that I'm doing a list of IT companies in Cork City and then I'll go one by one with my CV in hand asking for an interview.

So, any information or good web about IT companies in Cork will be welcome. Because probably there are many small companies that I've never heard about it, do you understand me?

But of course you're right. I have to do something more, and I'm really trying to start. Thank you very much anyway
Old 24-10-2008, 02:22 PM

for example. Probably there are much more IT company than in this list below:
http://www.jobs.ie/Companies.aspx
aren't there? (in cork only)
Sorry because maybe I didn't explain properly heheh.
Old 30-10-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubharlinn View Post
Hello!
I'm new in Cork City and I'm looking for a job, specially IT jobs because I have bachelor in computer science and some experience in J2EE, .NET, IMS...
I speak Spanish (I'm spanish) and English fluent (improving... )

I have many troubles with recruitment companies. I'm always sending my CV to many recruitment companies but I have not received any call, any interview.. nothing.

And I'm really worried about that because I see there are many IT staff wanted.

So, please, if you know any IT company in Cork (I know Apple of course ), the name or something, please tell me, and I'll go with my CV in hand because I don't trust in the recruitment companies and I prefer to bring my CV with me.

Probably here is different from Spain, maybe I have to wait many time, I don't know, but I'm really worried about the job in Cork.

Of course, if you hear something for wanted J2EE, .NET or telecom programmers remember me please.
Anyway, I'm looking for any kind of job without luck too.

Thank you very much and I hope this place be the proper to write this kind of desperate threads . If not, I'm really sorry

bye!
I just dont know how these recruitment agencies manage to survive as they never seem to do anything! You'd think they'd be working hard to get you a job because they get paid if they do!

So forget them and go to www.computerjobs.ie and you'll get loads of info on the IT companies in Cork here http://www.itcork.ie/
Old 30-10-2008, 12:04 PM

please take no offence to this comment, but it might help you:

Judging by your initial posting, there are a number of grammatical errors, and incorrect use of certain words - If you wrote your own CV using your 'improving' fluency of the english language, then that would be a serious problem for any recruiter, as it gives the impression that you did not take care in the details in even writing your CV.

If you have not had anyone review your CV for aaccuracy, I suggest you do so before submitting any more CV's.

I know a number of recruiters and HR people and they have told me that due to the amount of CV's that they receive, if there are any grammatical errors, they won't even look further at the qualifications of the applicant.
Old 30-10-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stall De Ball Biy View Post
I just dont know how these recruitment agencies manage to survive as they never seem to do anything! You'd think they'd be working hard to get you a job because they get paid if they do!

So forget them and go to www.computerjobs.ie and you'll get loads of info on the IT companies in Cork here http://www.itcork.ie/
Thank you very much! I've never heard about these webs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney
please take no offence to this comment, but it might help you:

Judging by your initial posting, there are a number of grammatical errors, and incorrect use of certain words - If you wrote your own CV using your 'improving' fluency of the english language, then that would be a serious problem for any recruiter, as it gives the impression that you did not take care in the details in even writing your CV.

If you have not had anyone review your CV for aaccuracy, I suggest you do so before submitting any more CV's.

I know a number of recruiters and HR people and they have told me that due to the amount of CV's that they receive, if there are any grammatical errors, they won't even look further at the qualifications of the applicant.
ok...
thanks for the information, you are right probably. I know my English is not as good as I'd like

Yesterday I received an interview phone call and I didn't understand many things, because of that the girl said me: "contact us again after two or three months" .
So, I'm looking for any kind of job now (glass collector, wharehousing, stocking shelves...), where the English is not an essential requeriment..
thanks to everybody