tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Are rugby supporters stupid.? - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L View Post
On the subject of ticket pricing Cork city with 15 euro an adult is to expensive, bring it down to 12 euro or ten and you'll probably get an extra few hundred people in.

Bottom line is your average joe soap thinking about going to the cross will probably baulk at 15euro where as ten or 12 seems reasonable, and yeah I know its probably in line with other clubs, also how many of Corks citys attendences are made up of oap paying 5euro ?.

With regards the gaa €50 euro for the semi finals is well ott for an amatuer sport.

Also I suppose 75 ? for rugby six nations or games against southern hemisphere sides is ok as your getting a decent product, however its taking the biscuit for a warm up against Wales.
And it will most likely be a sell out.
Its the last home game before the world cup.

They have their pricing right.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:36 AM

For the first time even the Dublin fans voted with their feet this summer
and croke park was well below capacity for games v cork, Roscommon,
They know these games were foregone conclusions and kept their money in their
pockets for the bigger games ahead, there was mayhem on monday when semi final tickets went on sale,
Old 08-08-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Simply not true.
Terrace tickets for 20 quid.
Hardly exorbitant.

Leinster and Connaught dont draw big crowds for the lesser Rabo games either.
The European cup home ties are always sold out.

Ive been saying with years they should play more Rabo games in Cork as a crowd of 7 or 8 thousand is lost in Thomond.
€20 is too much to see micky mouse teams( a lot of the time).
Old 08-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moccork View Post
€20 is too much to see micky mouse teams( a lot of the time).

Sure look, the Welsh and South African lads have to ge their run out too.
Im sure the crowds for the GAA league games are fairly comparable.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:20 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
And it will most likely be a sell out.
Its the last home game before the world cup.

They have their pricing right.

I’m sure they have them good luck to them. But that’s not what this thread is about. The vast majority of people who attend these matches/tests wouldn’t know a rugby ball from a fucking melon.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:26 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelbaggie View Post
I’m sure they have them good luck to them. But that’s not what this thread is about. The vast majority of people who attend these matches/tests wouldn’t know a rugby ball from a fucking melon.
Whereas the average attendee of an All Ireland Final is to be found at a Junior B game on a tuesday night?

This is just more of the usual anti-rugger garbage from the insecure Gah boys.

Given the empty houses for the recent hurling quarters and 'super' 8s , its all the more ridiculous
Old 08-08-2019, 11:48 AM

an all Ireland final I would say that 5-10% are there for the occasion another 20% it would be there1st inter-county match of the year and the remainder I would include as genuine followers.
as I live close to a rugby club I would attend many rugby club matches on a Saturday or sunday if I had no other gaa match to attend. Like the gaa I would say that only about 50% of those who regularly club matched would be bothered to go to an international match or an inter county game in Dublin.
If the IRFU can get €75 for a friendly against wales they are perfectly right to do so.
the media who are quick to attack the gaa on their pricing are silent when it comes to the oval ball.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Senior PROC Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesball View Post
an all Ireland final I would say that 5-10% are there for the occasion another 20% it would be there1st inter-county match of the year and the remainder I would include as genuine followers.
as I live close to a rugby club I would attend many rugby club matches on a Saturday or sunday if I had no other gaa match to attend. Like the gaa I would say that only about 50% of those who regularly club matched would be bothered to go to an international match or an inter county game in Dublin.
If the IRFU can get €75 for a friendly against wales they are perfectly right to do so.
the media who are quick to attack the gaa on their pricing are silent when it comes to the oval ball.
Just Gah paranoia m8.

Rugby prices are set in advance they dont fluctuate from Munster final, to qualifiers to semis like the GAA.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:36 PM

media all over the bad car parking for the Cork v Rossies and rightly so but silence when is comes to parking in the Turners cross area for rugby or soccer matches.
Maybe one rule for the haves and another for the have plenty.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Senior PROC Member

Maybe people dont like the Gah boys because they are parochial, backwards c**ts, with a constant chip on their shoulder about other sports.

See this thread.