tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Donal Og as next Cork hurling manager? - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Donal Og as next Cork hurling manager?
Yes 27 45.76%
No 32 54.24%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-07-2019, 03:13 PM

This famine is sickening my hole.

Getting so close in 2013 was, in truth, an aberration. Any other year since 06 we haven't been nearly close enough.

2017 Munster final really felt like a corner had been turned.... Donal Óg was in the oppisite dugout that day. Last year showed where the gap could be closed. This year is more iirritating because we went backwards in terms of both results and performances.

The Championship is as good as it's ever been and we need to close the gap. Bringing in a rugby guy seemed like doing something different for the sake of doing something different.
But we clearly need to shake something up. Even if it's bringing in Eddie Fucking Brennan, I don't care at this stage but I'd rather 15 dogs with a Celtic cross than 15 lovely hurlers on a fine day when we are already 10 points up.

Hearing Sean Óg on the wireless last week there's still a hangover from the last strike. If appointing Donal Óg nails that shit for good, then I'm all for it. There will be stone throwers from the ditch but as long as there's buy in on the pitch, I couldn't give a shit.
Old 20-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelBhoy View Post

Hearing Sean Óg on the wireless last week there's still a hangover from the last strike. If appointing Donal Óg nails that shit for good, then I'm all for it. There will be stone throwers from the ditch but as long as there's buy in on the pitch, I couldn't give a shit.
Why? what did they he say?
Old 20-07-2019, 04:07 PM

Sorry, it was the week before last when he was on with Tommy Walsh. They were talking about the Cork and KK rivalry and how it was the most bitter of the disputes.

He said he saw with absolute clarity why KK wanted to trample us in Nowlan Park that day in 09, which came off the back of that strike. He had earlier lamented that 06 was the last time we were at a level to call it a proper rivalry. He also spoke of how he now understood why Kilkenny didn't get involved at the time of sock-gate.

I'm not saying the whole discussion was framed around the strikes but there was a real sense of how much of a toll all of that actually took out of the players. When it was all over, they all felt they had longer left then they actually did.

Im inferring off the back of that that the natural turnover didn't happen at the time it should have and that set us back. With Donal Óg at the middle of that whole period, it still seems something that we have to get past.
Old 21-07-2019, 11:23 AM

Lads ye’re having a laugh mentioning Paudie Murray. Wouldn’t be a good club manager let alone inter county. Wouldn’t have any man management skills
Old 21-07-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeeper_79 View Post
Lads ye’re having a laugh mentioning Paudie Murray. Wouldn’t be a good club manager let alone inter county. Wouldn’t have any man management skills
Is that received wisdom or is it something you have come to know by another means?