tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Training Run Times - Page 1478 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-11-2019, 06:39 PM

First run back since Dublin this morning - a surprisingly sprightly 7 at 7:03 pace. Felt fresh but the calves were like iron. No need for any heroics this week.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:53 PM

Back on the saddle BPT!

Decided to try a night run around the Dump as an alternative to Passage (which can be fairly brisk after dark)

The main gate closes at five but you can still get in via the walkway at the back of Douglas Comm. it’s just under 1k via a well lit pathway to the gate. Going clockwise, once you get near the exercise equipment all the lights are on so it’s lit for about another 1k. Otherwise it’s dark enough so a decent torch will get you around. It’s worth doing during daylight first to get an idea of where you are.

Needless to say I was the only eejit in there.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:14 AM

Nice one markyY - must head out for a look
Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 AM

Cracking marathons Terrier and PR. What a day ye got for it as well. The report is fantastic Terrier, as the lads said you could get drawn into it as if you were running each mile alongside you. mad that Terrier 2.0 is faster that 1.0! Corks answer to Tommy Hughes
Maith Sibh Lads!
Old 16-11-2019, 08:24 PM

Bronze medal for the smurf in the Ireland vest at the masters’ X-country today! Just seconds away from the gold too. They nailed the gold in the team event alright.
Nice one, congrats lad.
Old 17-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Senior PROC Member

Top running from Smurf, as usual!

No comment.
Old 22-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Thanks Lads. A great experience. The goal for the year was really to tray and get on the team, to actually win and individual medal and team gold was a real bonus!
Old 22-11-2019, 11:14 AM

You must be nearing taper time Carmona. how is the body feeling, do you feel and different having used different training method this time out?
Old 22-11-2019, 01:44 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
You must be nearing taper time Carmona. how is the body feeling, do you feel and different having used different training method this time out?
Hey Smurf, congratulations again, man. Great result and well deserved.

Yeah, I had my last real session yesterday. 20k with 10 miles of it at Marathon pace. This last week I have been feeling strong, I won't lie. I know that doesn't mean a good result is guaranteed; I have too much experience with the marathon to go in to one over-confidently!! I'm feeling fit though.

One thing I noticed is I've lost almost no weight, just the little Summer holiday belly. Heavier by a kilo or two than in recent efforts. Mileage has been good without being too high: around 60/65 miles a week for the last while.

I'll give ye a report whichever way it goes anyway!

No comment.
Old 22-11-2019, 05:21 PM

Cant beat an auld chunk of marathon pace miles in the training plan. great to hear that you are feeling good and strong.

I was listening to a podcast recently where Aoife Cooke (national marathon champ) was detailing her sessions. The last big once was unreal. 24 miles with 20 at marathon effort (I assume heart rate based). That's a feckin beast of a session. I must remember to give that a lash if I ever run a marathon again!