tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Xbmc - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10-01-2015, 07:35 PM

Default Xbmc

So I've been using XBMC for the last few years, I must say it is a very impressive peace of software. I had been using it to stream all my media from a NAS both to my raspberry Pi and my HTPC. I recently started playing around with a few add ons. The Genesis add on is very impressive , being able to choose any show and any season is very impressive. ROM browser is also great for launching any emulator you have , and probably the best thing about XBMC is that it is wife friendly which is probably the best feature.
So is anyone else using it ? and if so any other add-ons you can recommend?
Old 10-01-2015, 07:50 PM

Ya I use it on the laptop hooked up to the t.v.
Streams can be a very stuttery if in HD but I have yet to fail to find a movie or t.v. show not on it.
I use icefilms, 1 channel, project free tv and geneses add-ons.
Considering getting a pi and use it as a media device but not that tech minded. laptop does the job alright though.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:33 PM

Phoenix, Navi-X, Cartoon HD, Smooth Streams.

I'm running it off a Linux operated streaming box yoke.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Phoenix, Navi-X, Cartoon HD, Smooth Streams.

I'm running it off a Linux operated streaming box yoke.
I too have the Linux quad core box.I find on some of the movie links on XBMC that they seem to freeze/pause a bit.Any of you have that problem.I also watch movies/shows on show box and never have this issue.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfillony View Post
So I've been using XBMC for the last few years, I must say it is a very impressive peace of software. I had been using it to stream all my media from a NAS both to my raspberry Pi and my HTPC. I recently started playing around with a few add ons. The Genesis add on is very impressive , being able to choose any show and any season is very impressive. ROM browser is also great for launching any emulator you have , and probably the best thing about XBMC is that it is wife friendly which is probably the best feature.
So is anyone else using it ? and if so any other add-ons you can recommend?
Yep - been my go to media centre for years now, the only think it's missing is Netflix but Genesis is almost as good.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by judge View Post
I too have the Linux quad core box.I find on some of the movie links on XBMC that they seem to freeze/pause a bit.Any of you have that problem.I also watch movies/shows on show box and never have this issue.
Are you using wi-fi with it? You'll get a lot of stuttering over wi-fi, try plugging it directly into your router or if you can't grab a pair of TP-Link ethernet power plugs.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank The Donkey View Post
Are you using wi-fi with it? You'll get a lot of stuttering over wi-fi, try plugging it directly into your router or if you can't grab a pair of TP-Link ethernet power plugs.
I am going through the wifi.The buddy suggested the plugs alright.Thanks a mill,i'll give that a go.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:29 PM

I have the "200" Meg UPC broadband with Ethernet connection. Works a treat for most things.
Old 29-01-2015, 05:18 PM

Was tinkering around with my raspbmc last night , got acestream of the footy last night up and running on it which is very handy .
Genesis add on is fantastic , really impressed with the quality of the stream , havent downloaded a movie now in a good while
Havent played much with Phoenix yet but will do over the weekend.
i must say the more and more I use XBMC/Kodi the more impressed I am with its diversity , just last night I figure out how to control with my pc through the web browser which is very handy.
Now if i could only convince my Misses to ditch Sky and start using the TVtuner i have in my pc i would be a happy man
Old 29-01-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfillony View Post
Was tinkering around with my raspbmc last night , got acestream of the footy last night up and running on it which is very handy .
Genesis add on is fantastic , really impressed with the quality of the stream , havent downloaded a movie now in a good while
Havent played much with Phoenix yet but will do over the weekend.
i must say the more and more I use XBMC/Kodi the more impressed I am with its diversity , just last night I figure out how to control with my pc through the web browser which is very handy.
Now if i could only convince my Misses to ditch Sky and start using the TVtuner i have in my pc i would be a happy man
If you want to watch sport, vdubt25 add on is the way to go.