tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Windows 7 - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monty View Post
You should support jobs for Cork and buy Apple.
OSX rocks...
over priced crap.....
Old 22-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monty View Post
You should support jobs for Cork and buy Apple.
OSX rocks...
i use macs all of the time and they rock - but i also run XP on it and i am def never upgrading from xp, its the only windows release that ever worked properly IMO
Old 22-10-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostmeringtopaddypow er View Post
Have any crazy cats out there ever installed OSX on a non-Apple machine?

Should be possible.

It sound so crazy that it might just work........

It can work but isn't it illegal
Old 22-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Banned

I used it about two weeks and my answer MEGO.
Old 22-10-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggle View Post
over priced crap.....
not true smegg-Y

and i know youre going to give me the tech garb - but i use them for what they are designed for as opposed to them looking good and there is no comparison with what a pc can do and what a mac can do with graphics and rendering

also - macs are blissfully simple and intuitive - a was sick shit of pc's being overly complex to do the simplest things

and the knock out punch - no viruses, this cannot be underestimated if you use your cpu for work
Old 22-10-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostmeringtopaddypow er View Post
Have any crazy cats out there ever installed OSX on a non-Apple machine?

Should be possible.

It sound so crazy that it might just work........
I've heard of it being done alright, called a hackintosh, you just have to be sure your hardware is supported by OSX AFAIK.
Old 22-10-2009, 02:34 PM

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200..._win_7_vision/

Standard operating procedure, wait until Service Pack 1.

But does that apply to this. Essentially, it's just Vista, how Vista should have been ... but they couldn't get all the bits together and out the door in time. So now, instead of just giving you all the bits they left out of Vista, they rebrand and get the PR guys to spin it, and woah! it's a new operating system, with the price tag to 'prove' it. winky_winky.gif. Probably more 'value add' nonsense included also.

I'll stick to my Linux, thanks.
Old 22-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by de mange View Post
not true smegg-Y

and i know youre going to give me the tech garb - but i use them for what they are designed for as opposed to them looking good and there is no comparison with what a pc can do and what a mac can do with graphics and rendering

also - macs are blissfully simple and intuitive - a was sick shit of pc's being overly complex to do the simplest things

and the knock out punch - no viruses, this cannot be underestimated if you use your cpu for work
Smeggle is going to try and tell you that Linux is the way forward.

It also has no viruses, but its still got loads of issues IMO.
Old 22-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggle View Post
over priced crap.....
The marketing department at Apple is clever out, though.

They know that MAC users feel superior to PC users and will pay a premium to distance themselves from the PC scum.
Old 22-10-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by de mange View Post
not true smegg-Y

They are overpriced.

It's a myth that OSX is better than Windows for rendering/composing/audio/video. Myth. All thanks to the Apple PR dept.

It used to be true, back in the day, when MS focused on office applications, Apple filled the gap with some graphical and audio applications. And later, when the screens Apple shipped were better at displaying the 'true' colour. But that's not true now. Some of their models ship with monitors that are made from arses, shitting crappy colour in low res all over your eyes.

Blissfully simple, or appliance-like. I, personally, don't like appliances with a simple on/off button. It's a bit condescending, really.

There are viruses for OSX. I wrote one, just as proof that they do exist. Or even, consider, an exploitable hole in the third-party, closed-source Flash browser extension. The same extension that will be on an OSX.

Which brings me to another point. Apple, just like Sony, are cunts for all that closed, vendor-lock-in nonsense. They don't deserve any of my money.