tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Windows 8 - Page 7 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Senior PROC Member

anyone manage to get the free copy of windows media centre with W8? i've entered my email twice now and the thieving c*nts are ignoring me.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w.../feature-packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
Cunt ...I am one of the calmest people on earth... Get fucked..
Old 06-01-2013, 12:42 PM

They are very slow to send them out,up to 5 or 6 days.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkonian83 View Post
Rome wasn't built in a day

If I have time ill come back to HBB's post... The world is moving online and less off it. Think how much time you have no access.... minutes, an hour ?

Type "google fibre" into er Google.

Hard drives etc are the past - online is the future. Of all people HBB I would have thought you'd be a proponent of that.
I would be a proponent of it, sure, but hardware limitations just mean its unrealistic just yet. Maybe in a few year time.

Wireless networks are a long way from 100% reliable, even LTE in the 700Mhz bands, while excellent will not be perfect.

There are blind spots everywhere, roaming between WANs and WWANs is still immature, walls kill signals, modern houses are like Faraday cages, mobile networks are terrible ontrains and roaming is still a mess.

These problems will be fixed eventually but t will take years. Until that point, we still need offline, hence the proliferation of on phone apps, instead of web apps.

Fibre won't solve that in the next couple of years at least.

And then there are the issues around data privacy/ownership and battery life.

The last one is a serious problem with LTE which is getting better fast but still a big problem.

For your average punter Chrome is a lot less functionality for only a small amount less. There is a reason the netbook has died...
Old 06-01-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of the BONGO View Post
anyone manage to get the free copy of windows media centre with W8? i've entered my email twice now and the thieving c*nts are ignoring me.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w.../feature-packs
i got it
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkonian83 View Post
Rome wasn't built in a day

If I have time ill come back to HBB's post... The world is moving online and less off it. Think how much time you have no access.... minutes, an hour ?

Type "google fibre" into er Google.

Hard drives etc are the past - online is the future. Of all people HBB I would have thought you'd be a proponent of that.

they fucking interviewed me for that .

Didn't hire , their loss ,

But back to the original point ,
Shit or get off the Pot !!!

If your gonna go and make the chromebook and make a change in user behaviour happen , do it !!
None of this " were doing it ,eh no we aren't , eh maybe we will , eh we're definitely doing it , eh if our partners maybe want to .. " shite .

is there a Chromebook revolution or not ?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
is there a Chromebook revolution or not ?
No there isn't. Google are doing the same with the Chromebook that they do with all of their products, releasing it in pre-beta form and ironing out all of the issues over the first 5 years of it's life.

There are 2 huge problems with that strategy this time. First they are asking people to part with a considerable chunk of cash to be part of that beta test program, secondly, everything that hbb said. Even in the most connected parts of the world, the infrastructure and hardware just aren't there yet.

I'm a huge google fan but I can't see this working out well for them.