tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Cork-Dublin Relationships - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 26-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Cork-Dublin Relationships

Got a job here in Dublin not so long ago, problem is girlfriend is still studying in Cork. Three month old relationship, but i can't see it lasting.

Do they ever work out? Is it worth the hassle? I know that it's no great distance, but can a relationship really endure when you see them only every second weekend. Any thoughts?
Old 26-02-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns
Got a job here in Dublin not so long ago, problem is girlfriend is still studying in Cork. Three month old relationship, but i can't see it lasting.

Do they ever work out? Is it worth the hassle? I know that it's no great distance, but can a relationship really endure when you see them only every second weekend. Any thoughts?
In my experience they dont work but you'll get people on here telling you they know couples who've done long distance for years and have gotten married etc
My main view on it would be that doing long distance defeats the whole purpose of a relationship, the whole point of one is to spend time in eachothers company, not packing it all into 1 weekend every 2 weeks....also only seeing eachother that way may not enable to you to see if you guys really get on/have a future together as itll be such a limited amount of time that you have together.
Old 26-02-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinXy
In my experience they dont work but you'll get people on here telling you they know couples who've done long distance for years and have gotten married etc
My main view on it would be that doing long distance defeats the whole purpose of a relationship, the whole point of one is to spend time in eachothers company, not packing it all into 1 weekend every 2 weeks....also only seeing eachother that way may not enable to you to see if you guys really get on/have a future together as itll be such a limited amount of time that you have together.
either ways if you'd only see eachother every other weekend try and do normal things too during those days... Friends of mine with long distance reltionships tend to turn the time they spend together in to mini holidays or they just go out and do special things all the time like it's one big vacation. You hardly get to see the real person and their daily life that way I think.
Old 26-02-2006, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns

Is she hot?
Old 26-02-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larizla
either ways if you'd only see eachother every other weekend try and do normal things too during those days... Friends of mine with long distance reltionships tend to turn the time they spend together in to mini holidays or they just go out and do special things all the time like it's one big vacation. You hardly get to see the real person and their daily life that way I think.
But real relationships arent like that and it gives a false illusion.
Old 26-02-2006, 02:23 PM

Quote:
But real relationships arent like that and it gives a false illusion.
my point exactly?
Old 26-02-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
my point exactly?
Whoops sorry, im multi-tasking and not paying full attention!
Old 26-02-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Whoops sorry, im multi-tasking and not paying full attention!
Thats ok. But you agree with me tho? I can imagine they want to make the most out of the days they see eachother but in the long run, it's not only really expensive but a bit of a dream situation I think.
Old 26-02-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Thats ok. But you agree with me tho? I can imagine they want to make the most out of the days they see eachother but in the long run, it's not only really expensive but a bit of a dream situation I think.
I agree that meeting up for a shag fest every 2 weeks does give the wrong illusion about the relationship.
Old 26-02-2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgee
Is she hot?
Very