tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Billy Kelleher's Abortion Agenda - Page 12 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Whoa there little hossy! TG are you seriously going to try to claim that you've never moved with spats from one thread over to another? Seriously?

Link me so? I have had spats with the same people but it would be concerning the subject matter of the thread posted on. That is totally different to what I was referring to.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
O'Gorman's claim that the abortion ban "violates human rights" is a complete diversion - it's whether or not the donation he's being asked to return violates the laws of this land is at issue. And it does.

Irrespective of what one's feeling on the Repeal the 8th debate is, O'Gorman seems to want to just hang on to the donation and the "violation" of human rights is a smokescreen he's trying to use.
Of course its a diversion He needs to hold on to it to Pay his salary of 111,000 Euro

From the Independent June 2016

The Irish branch of Amnesty International has run up a €1.3m deficit since the recession, despite attracting record numbers of paying members.

The rights *organisation, which holds its annual conference this weekend, recorded a loss of €191,852 in 2015 and accumulated the €1.3m deficit over several years.

However, its donations and subscriptions received during the year increased by €136,000 to €2,786,000, as a result of a significant growth in its membership, according to the company's accounts.

In a statement, Amnesty's Irish branch said the structural deficits were due to restructuring the Irish organisation to "invest" in growth while maintaining "the highest possible standards" in its human rights work.

"The structural deficits accrued were as a result of this investment and were agreed with the full cooperation and support of the international secretariat," the statement said. "Amnesty International Ireland also experienced tough economic times during the financial crash which exacerbated the deficit."

Amnesty said it has seen a 63pc increase in fundraising income from individual members and donors. Work campaigning against Ireland's abortion laws has resulted in the greatest increase in Amnesty's membership.

Amnesty's Irish branch also received €137,000 over two years from George Soros Open Society Foundations for its campaign on "sexual and reproductive rights".

The director of Amnesty International Ireland, Colm O'Gorman, received a salary of just over €111,000 in 2015, according to the accounts.

Amnesty does not receive any State funding for its campaigns and relies mostly on subscriptions from individual members and less so from philanthropic foundations.

Amnesty has also been involved in the case of Ibrahim Halawa, who is 21, and from Firhouse, Dublin. He was arrested in Cairo in August 2013 during protests against the ousting of then president and Muslikm Brotherhood leader Mohamed Morsi and has remained in custody since.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an liathroid beag View Post
Of course its a diversion He needs to hold on to it to Pay his salary of 111,000 Euro

From the Independent June 2016

The Irish branch of Amnesty International has run up a €1.3m deficit since the recession, despite attracting record numbers of paying members.

The rights *organisation, which holds its annual conference this weekend, recorded a loss of €191,852 in 2015 and accumulated the €1.3m deficit over several years.

However, its donations and subscriptions received during the year increased by €136,000 to €2,786,000, as a result of a significant growth in its membership, according to the company's accounts.

In a statement, Amnesty's Irish branch said the structural deficits were due to restructuring the Irish organisation to "invest" in growth while maintaining "the highest possible standards" in its human rights work.

"The structural deficits accrued were as a result of this investment and were agreed with the full cooperation and support of the international secretariat," the statement said. "Amnesty International Ireland also experienced tough economic times during the financial crash which exacerbated the deficit."

Amnesty said it has seen a 63pc increase in fundraising income from individual members and donors. Work campaigning against Ireland's abortion laws has resulted in the greatest increase in Amnesty's membership.

Amnesty's Irish branch also received €137,000 over two years from George Soros Open Society Foundations for its campaign on "sexual and reproductive rights".

The director of Amnesty International Ireland, Colm O'Gorman, received a salary of just over €111,000 in 2015, according to the accounts.

Amnesty does not receive any State funding for its campaigns and relies mostly on subscriptions from individual members and less so from philanthropic foundations.

Amnesty has also been involved in the case of Ibrahim Halawa, who is 21, and from Firhouse, Dublin. He was arrested in Cairo in August 2013 during protests against the ousting of then president and Muslikm Brotherhood leader Mohamed Morsi and has remained in custody since.
O Gorman, The eternal victim, when he was attacked for his support of Al Porter he tweeted that he was being attacked by the" anti choicers" Likewise when he was challenged about the Soros money he tweeted that it was again the "anti choicers"
Old 05-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
Show me posts here from the other side of the debate I will denigrate them as well. But wait there is no one from the other side of the debate posting lies or untruths or ten year old surveys with no timeline
You've claimed that a report giving the survival rates of foetuses was completely irrelevant because it's 10 years old.

Do you accept that medicine has progressed on ALL sides of this debate since 10 years ago - better accuracy in monitoring a foetus in the womb, more efficient ways of carrying out an abortion, and more equipment and medicines to improve the survival chances of younger foetuses?

Do you wish to provide ANY links (you're a great boy for asking for links) from the last 10 years to provide more light for this debate or are you just going to try denigrate those who do throw up even 10 year old reports while not producing anything insightful yourself.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
You've claimed that a report giving the survival rates of foetuses was completely irrelevant because it's 10 years old.

Do you accept that medicine has progressed on ALL sides of this debate since 10 years ago - better accuracy in monitoring a foetus in the womb, more efficient ways of carrying out an abortion, and more equipment and medicines to improve the survival chances of younger foetuses?

Do you wish to provide ANY links (you're a great boy for asking for links) from the last 10 years to provide more light for this debate or are you just going to try denigrate those who do throw up even 10 year old reports while not producing anything insightful yourself.
Absolute poppy cock and again you are putting words in my mouth. I said the report was irrelevant because LB kept citing the claims of foetus left gasping for breath/dying on slabs. There was no timescale to the report and these incidents could have happened 10,15,20 years ago.

I have no doubt that medical procedures have advanced hence another reason for the irrelevance of the report,
Old 05-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Banned

Furthermore when I asked for more recent claims of these incidents I was told they were most likely buried by the pro abortion lobby because of profit and funny you have no issue with this claim!!
Old 05-01-2018, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

I have never denied that young foetuses can survive longer now but I can't see what their survival rate matters if someone has chosen to have an abortion within the timescale permitted by law.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Senior PROC Member

In the CEMACH 2007 Perinatal Mortality report, the case of the 66 babies who survived abortion and were left to die 19 was revealed and caused great emotion . In the following reports, no mention of neonatal death following failed abortion appears . Foetuses delivered after a late abortion are no longer mentioned. Moreover, all statistics are given “excluding notified terminations of pregnancy”. In Canada, official data includes babies born alive after an abortion, 622 babies were born alive and left to die after 21 failed abortion between 2000 and 2011 , with an increase after 2007. There were 290 between 2000 and 2006 (on average 41.42 a year) and 332 between 2007 and 2011 (on average 66.4 a year). Canada has allegedly decided not to 22 publish late abortion figures any longer . In the United States, information that babies were found struggling for life in a basin and nurses were told to leave them alone because they were aborted; that babies were brought to a “soiled utility room” and left to suffer and die alone, 23 sometimes after many hours , sparked the federal Born Alive Infant Protection Act (2002). 28 States now have similar laws. However, some dreadful cases still occur. In 2011, abortionist Kermit Gosnell was arrested. According to testimony by former employees, Gosnell and his assistants killed “hundreds” of newborn babies who were born alive by 24 severing their spinal cords . Gosnell was able to run his clinic for years because, though abortion is illegal after 24 weeks, Pennsylvania’s Department of Health had stopped auditing abortion clinics because inspections would be 25 'putting a barrier up to women' seeking abortions . In the US, some people who survived abortion attempts, especially saline abortion, gathered in the abortion survivors 26 network . 27 Scientific studies prove that the foetuses are responsive to touch after 8 weeks , They have the "physical structures 28 necessary to experience pain" . Scientifics ‘have observed that the fetus reacts to intrahepatic vein needling with 29 vigorous body and breathing movements, which are not present during placental cord insertion needling” . As a consequence, a number of States, including a dozen states in the US, have to this day enacted laws requiring physicians 30 to inform women seeking abortions that the foetus feels pain and to offer them anaesthesia . After 20 weeks, a foetus feels pain and can survive in case of premature birth. Therefore, ECLJ invites UN competent bodies to request the universal prohibition of abortion after 20 weeks, even in case of serious anomaly.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Senior PROC Member

Irish Times Dec 9th
Three Fianna Fáil members of the Oireachtas committee on the Eighth Amendment have called for it to support making abortion available up to 12 weeks without restriction.

In a joint submission to the committee, Senator Ned O’Sullivan and TDs Billy Kelleher and Lisa Chambers outline their belief that terminations should be accessible when the life and the health of a mother is at risk. There should be no distinction between the mental or physical health of the mother, they add.

It is expected the committee will recommend the repeal of Article 40.3.3 of the Constitution. The Eighth Amendment, which inserted the article into the Constitution in 1983, guarantees to protect as far as practicable the equal right to life of the unborn and the mother.

The submission by the three Fianna Fáil members recommends a GP-led service up to 12 weeks for terminations without reason. This, they say, will deal with the complexities surrounding rape and incest and the difficulties in legislating for same.

Billy apparently wants GPs to perform abortions without reason. Will look forward to him canvassing on this
Old 08-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Senior PROC Member

I suspect some GPs will have reservations about this.