tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Ashling Thompson, Cork Camogie player ! - Page 26 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 24-06-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
Surely she has to do some time? -

"Any person who assaults another person with intent to cause bodily harm or to commit an indictable offence shall be guilty of an offence”. A person convicted of this offence could face a maximum penalty of an unlimited fine and or term of imprisonment for up to 5 years"
Maximum jail time in district court is 12 months.
Old 24-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelonaplain View Post
If on two separate dates maybe but on the one night I doubt it. I don’t believe she has any previous similar conditions and this was dealt with in the the lowest court which means any injuries were not serious.
Of course the injuries weren't serious, one of them couldn't produce medical records to back up her claim.
Old 24-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCNA2018 View Post
Alot of vehement antipathy towards Aisling Thompson............ ....accepting that her behaviour, whether she was a Cork GAA star or not, is completely abhorrent and unjustifiable - some of the comments here border on personal dislike or hatred, there's almost a glee element to it.
Pure nonsense. If it was your sister or daughter you’d have a different opinion. Anytime a scut like that gets jail time, I’m happy, and I’d imagine most people feel the same. Who she is means nothing to me.
Old 24-06-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
If on two separate dates maybe but on the one night I doubt it. I don’t believe she has any previous similar conditions and this was dealt with in the the lowest court which means any injuries were not serious.
Two seperate attacks on two different women unknown to each other is just as bad.
Old 24-06-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:

"Any person who assaults another person with intent to cause bodily harm or to commit an indictable offence shall be guilty of an offence”. A person convicted of this offence could face a maximum penalty of an unlimited fine and or term of imprisonment for up to 5 years"
She should get 3-6 months but unfortunately I feel it will be all suspended.
Old 24-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Banned

Panti_twisted, lol as always.
Old 24-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:

The state withdrew the assault causing harm charge.
Old 24-06-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Maximum jail time in district court is 12 months.
It’s actually 2 years with a maximum of 12 months one one charge so theoretically with 2 separate charges you could get 2 x 12 months. I’ve only ever seen that happen once.
Old 24-06-2019, 09:56 PM

A section 2 assault has a max of 6 mths.
Old 25-06-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontipine View Post
Pure nonsense. If it was your sister or daughter you’d have a different opinion. Anytime a scut like that gets jail time, I’m happy, and I’d imagine most people feel the same. Who she is means nothing to me.
And what would your opinion be if your daughter grew up to carry out an assault like A.T?
How do you know your daughter won't have her own issues as an adult, she could turn out to be an angry drunk, and get herself into trouble some night, god forbid.
There but for the grace of some old guy in the sky, go I, huh.

Taking pleasure in the plight of a young woman with serious issues is pretty sad in my opinion and a says more about you than anything else.
She has done wrong and will be punished for that. Whatever her punishment, be it custodial or otherwise I hope she seeks the help she clearly needs.