tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Bonnie Greer - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-10-2019, 10:16 AM
ballhopping ballhopping is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,658
Default Bonnie Greer

Fair play to Bonnie Greer standing up for Ireland 🇮🇪
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2019, 10:26 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19,614
Default

Can we take her promise that any breach of the GFA will mean no
trade deal between america and britain? Trump will have other ideas,
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Drucker Drucker is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Can we take her promise that any breach of the GFA will mean no
trade deal between america and britain? Trump will have other ideas,
Sure he will. And here’s the thing: remember the much vaunted USMCA trade agreement that is to replace NAFTA?

Well Trump signed that last November. Current estimates suggest that it will eventually get to Congress by June 2020 for ratification. Assuming there is no objection it could take effect in early 2021.

Trump claims that a UK-US trade deal will be agreed the day after Brexit.

If the UK leaves without a deal then the ways and means committee in congress which is currently chaired by Richard Neal who is the co-chair of the friends of Ireland group in Congress will refuse to ratify it. So there will be no trade deal: period.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2019, 11:03 AM
Choon Choon is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 7,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Can we take her promise that any breach of the GFA will mean no
trade deal between america and britain? Trump will have other ideas,
Some banter between Boris and Trump I say


They should kick off with a best haircut competition


Why is it that most of the great leaders have funny hair?


Hmmm
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2019, 11:53 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choon View Post
Some banter between Boris and Trump I say


They should kick off with a best haircut competition


Why is it that most of the great leaders have funny hair?


Hmmm
Leo is the exception he has nice hair,
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-10-2019, 12:19 PM
Browser Brody Browser Brody is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,364
Default

Good on her.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-10-2019, 01:01 PM
andtherestinjellys andtherestinjellys is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Leo is the exception he has nice hair,
You reckon? The balding pubes look must be in.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-10-2019, 10:27 PM
Duffs Duffs is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 14,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
Sure he will. And here’s the thing: remember the much vaunted USMCA trade agreement that is to replace NAFTA?

Well Trump signed that last November. Current estimates suggest that it will eventually get to Congress by June 2020 for ratification. Assuming there is no objection it could take effect in early 2021.

Trump claims that a UK-US trade deal will be agreed the day after Brexit.

If the UK leaves without a deal then the ways and means committee in congress which is currently chaired by Richard Neal who is the co-chair of the friends of Ireland group in Congress will refuse to ratify it. So there will be no trade deal: period.
Why?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-10-2019, 11:31 PM
Dolphin75 Dolphin75 is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 453
Default

Greer is correct in her assertion that the USA will not allow the GFA to be jeopardized. The is just too much clout by the very powerful Irish American lobby in Washington and not even Trump can derail that.

The audience of Brexiteers at the Question Time programme were stunned into a deathly silence after Bonnie Greer made her very articulate points.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-10-2019, 08:36 AM
atoz atoz is offline
PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 113
Default

Keep the terrorists on the border on side what ever the cost. That seems to be the purpose of the GFA or am I wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Open Mic Night

Brú Bar & Hostel, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼






tester
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.