tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The new Apple Macbooks - Page 7 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Tech Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-06-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastesLikeChicken View Post
The hardware of the box itself, i.e. the processor, chipset, BIOS, SATA controllers and video cards.
I say wonderful, they have an operating system that's optimized for the hardware they use... unlike windows

but fair enough, difference of opinion etc.etc... you like windows, I like OS X... it doesn't really matter in the end, horses for courses and all that...
Old 22-06-2009, 02:49 PM

Last edited by TastesLikeChicken; 22-06-2009 at 04:05 PM..
Old 22-06-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellboy View Post
I say wonderful, they have an operating system that's optimized for the hardware they use... unlike windows

but fair enough, difference of opinion etc.etc... you like windows, I like OS X... it doesn't really matter in the end, horses for courses and all that...
Absolutely it's horses for courses. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking macs in the slightest. They are a great platform and I've no problem with them if you can live without the amazing versatility and flexibility of the PC and with the shoddy business practices and vendor tie-in.

I just despise people (not meaning yourself) who knock PC's just for the sake of it without having a clue WHY Macs are perceived as being more stable than PC's.
Old 22-06-2009, 03:07 PM

I just dislike marketing and advertising. And the great unwashed. And the average mac head's knowledge on OSX and things Apple, as they are, on average and in general, less technically aware than the average Windows user. Dumbing down is not good. Means there's more opportunity for the consumer to get fucked over by the manufacturers.
Old 23-06-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus~Roque View Post
The reason Apple don't upgrade the tech specs of their hardware is simple: A standard Apple user will not have one notion what 'technical specification' means.

LOL
As obvious as it is that you are a WUM, go play in the sandpit in the WUM forum. Most ppl here engage in reasoned debates, backed up by experience and facts. Neither of which you have.
Old 23-06-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastesLikeChicken View Post
As obvious as it is that you are a WUM, go play in the sandpit in the WUM forum. Most ppl here engage in reasoned debates, backed up by experience and facts. Neither of which you have.
nice
Old 23-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus~Roque View Post
The reason Apple don't upgrade the tech specs of their hardware is simple: A standard Apple user will not have one notion what 'technical specification' means.

LOL
Shut up. My Macbook is shiny and... when I sweep the touchpad the screen is cleared and... it has a camera with funny effects that I continually push on people and... the Apple sign lights up when I use it, just to clear up a ambiguity with onlookers, who are all surely enthralled with my presence, simply because of my social status being elevated thanks to this device...

yay
Old 23-06-2009, 07:30 AM

Actually, the touchpad is one bit of hardware that has been upgraded since I bought my last one.

Having designed and mass produced the exact same types of touchpad that Apple uses, I can confidently say that the price of those has dropped to less than a quarter of what they were 3 years ago.

Hmm, that's not helping explain it.

Here's hoping the auld recession brings the prices down, eh?
Old 26-06-2009, 10:08 AM

aside from Dixon's tax free store (I can't be bothered getting a day flight, from where I am), where's the best place to purchase a macbook pro from Ireland? Apple online store?
Old 26-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecc View Post
aside from Dixon's tax free store (I can't be bothered getting a day flight, from where I am), where's the best place to purchase a macbook pro from Ireland? Apple online store?
Yep
Sadly the retailers/resellers are all either complete geebags , or just pc jockeys who don't know what they have in front of them , and they can't give you a decent deal anyway ( normally they'll try and sell you out of date stock for the full old price , even after Apple drop prices on latest models)

You're best off either doing it online , or phoning up and asking what they'll do for ya ( students and education professionals in particular get a discount )