tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Gardai - Page 78 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-09-2019, 06:56 AM

A man in his 80s shot dead a neighbour in mayo during the week it is believed he thought the victim was a stranger coming to rob him..farmers in isolated areas are living in dread of these travelling gangs and it cost his neighbour his life.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
A man in his 80s shot dead a neighbour in mayo during the week it is believed he thought the victim was a stranger coming to rob him..farmers in isolated areas are living in dread of these travelling gangs and it cost his neighbour his life.
Tragic story.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisfallen View Post
Tragic story.
Tragic case.

Meanwhile in cork we have...

90 year old and 60 year womem robbed in macroom in the daytime
60 year beaten up on way back from grave of his wife
18 year old assualted and put in hosputal in douglas
Man 40s assualted patrick street
19 year old assualted grand parade
Buses stop service over anti social behaviour
...this just over the past week or so...like seriously the country is a joke..the politicians should be adhamed of themselves for failing to deal with law and order and having fuck all guards around.

For me anyway id prpose the following

Anymore rackimg up multiple convictions..are beyond help. Byoass lawyers and courts and lock away for long time
Hit scumbahs families if they are getting state money the dole etc
Get them out of jails working cleaning streets etc
If u show no respect fpr society than society will make u.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsrebel View Post
Tragic case.

...this just over the past week or so...like seriously the country is a joke..the politicians should be adhamed of themselves for failing to deal with law and order and having fuck all guards around.

Anymore rackimg up multiple convictions..are beyond help. Byoass lawyers and courts and lock away for long time
Areas like the bus station in parnell place are very intimidating for people these days, why should commuters who are after working hard all day or tourists have to put up with junkies and other scum hanging around there intimidating people,
Old 19-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Tragic case.

All as a result of a self serving legal business, where they have a vested interest in scum bags getting lighter sentences, so the same scum bags can and will continue to produce work for the legal business at the tax payers expense.

A Garda force that no longer has the resources to do patrol/ on the beat type work. They are now and have been for a long while purely a response service.

As for the incidents in Douglas, people there think they live in Utopia. So it is very distressing for the poor pettles when incidents like those mentioned happen in their area.

Also would someone please clear up where that man in Mount Oval was coming from.
I have heard the shop, the off licence and his wife's grave.
Is the wife's grave the trump sympathy card in use there ?
Old 19-09-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
All as a result of a self serving legal business, where they have a vested interest in scum bags getting lighter sentences, so the same scum bags can and will continue to produce work for the legal business at the tax payers expense.

A Garda force that no longer has the resources to do patrol/ on the beat type work. They are now and have been for a long while purely a response service.

As for the incidents in Douglas, people there think they live in Utopia. So it is very distressing for the poor pettles when incidents like those mentioned happen in their area.

Also would someone please clear up where that man in Mount Oval was coming from.
I have heard the shop, the off licence and his wife's grave.
Is the wife's grave the trump sympathy card in use there ?
Life as a guard must be horrific these days, how they resist in giving some of these scobes a good slapping is beyond me,
Old 19-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Life as a guard must be horrific these days, how they resist in giving some of these scobes a good slapping is beyond me,
Unfortunately, the gardai have been authors of much of their own problems. Society at large is no longer as supportive of the gardai the way they once were. When I was growing up, even seeing a garda car in the neighbourhood was a huge thing and if a garda had knocked on the door folk would still be talking about it. Nowadays though, it has been seen that for one reason or another the gardai don't seem to be the highly principled and motivated people they once tried to be and generally were.

You may scoff but I think the whole "blue flue" episode knocked a cornerstone from the once unquestioned edifice. Bit by bit people have seen more and more of their human frailties and have recognised they're not as perfect as we once thought them to have been. In fact, there have been occasional cases of carry on that bordered on criminality amongst one or two rotten apples within. And then when there were the highlighted cases of what amounted to corruption in high places within the gardai and a subsequent closing of ranks rather than going after obviously nefarious carry on, then I think the scales fell from the eyes of society in general.
I don't think Maurice McCabes revelations and treatment in the force was the initial crack, I think it was the final confirmation for many that all wasn't as it should have been amongst the gardai.

Society needs a good law enforcement service, and the Gardaí could become that once again, but I think there are a lot of bridges to be mended. Hopefully the new guy at the top can shake things up and improve it. There are still some highly principled and motivated people in the Gardaí I think, but not as plentiful as there should be
Old 19-09-2019, 09:54 AM
PROC Member

Some Gardai are frustrated being told sit at crossroads and concentrate on motor offences,also catching criminals only for them to be released by our legal system .
Gardai certainly don't/ can't protect us.
Old 19-09-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Tragic case.

Serious list when read.

The issue is really down to parenting. It all went pear shaped when we stopped getting kicks up the holes from our working fathers.

B
Old 19-09-2019, 10:18 AM

PC brigade are to blame.

You can’t say boo to a youngfella these days. The result is some do what they like without fear of the consequences.