tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
County U21 Hurling Championship - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > PROC Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 04-09-2019, 07:53 PM

cheers megatron
Old 04-09-2019, 09:05 PM
Senior PROC Member

was down at Douglas v Na Piarsaigh tonight - strange game - very dead. Looked like lots of fellas from both teams had been at EP for the weekend !! Turnbull was excellent but Na Piarsaigh didn’t even attempt to curtail him - very strange from their mentors as they didn’t put a man marker on him and didn’t try to play a man in front of him either and they paid the price. Typical preliminary round game where both teams had 2 back doors to fall back on. Piarsaigh were minus Connery and Forde both ex Cork minors through injury so perhaps they are waiting for the knockout stages to play them. Their forward line were very poor tonight even with two Cork u20s in Hannafin and Sheehan so Turnbull won that contest hands down tonight. Kevin Moynihan had a fine second half for Na Piarsaigh.

Difficult to know what to make of it as I thought Douglas were average enough aside from Turnbull who must have scored 13 or 14 points of their total and laid off a few more but Na Piarsaigh didn’t play with any intensity and will be very disappointed with their performance

One word on the ref - some guy O Neill from Midleton - I thought he was diabolical and blew up for so many petty things and for me summed up a lot of what is wrong with cork hurling today. Let them hurl and flake away ffs - it’s a mans game.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHalfBack View Post
was down at Douglas v Na Piarsaigh tonight - strange game - very dead. Looked like lots of fellas from both teams had been at EP for the weekend !! Turnbull was excellent but Na Piarsaigh didn’t even attempt to curtail him - very strange from their mentors as they didn’t put a man marker on him and didn’t try to play a man in front of him either and they paid the price. Typical preliminary round game where both teams had 2 back doors to fall back on. Piarsaigh were minus Connery and Forde both ex Cork minors through injury so perhaps they are waiting for the knockout stages to play them. Their forward line were very poor tonight even with two Cork u20s in Hannafin and Sheehan so Turnbull won that contest hands down tonight. Kevin Moynihan had a fine second half for Na Piarsaigh.

Difficult to know what to make of it as I thought Douglas were average enough aside from Turnbull who must have scored 13 or 14 points of their total and laid off a few more but Na Piarsaigh didn’t play with any intensity and will be very disappointed with their performance

One word on the ref - some guy O Neill from Midleton - I thought he was diabolical and blew up for so many petty things and for me summed up a lot of what is wrong with cork hurling today. Let them hurl and flake away ffs - it’s a mans game.
RHB
Ref would be Niall O Neil (brother of Colm footballer ) but ain't a great ref . Everything by the book kinda ref.
Was surprised at that result. That Piarsaigh minor team were fantastic to watch. But 21 is such a difficult grade as most going back to college and have other things on their mind's.
Midleton on paper have a decent side but I certainly would not be as confident as some on our chances especially after last weekend.
I would have the Glen in with a big chance IMO but I make it wide open to pick a winner.

I said this before but last year's final was the best referee performance I seen in Cork for a while and I said this immediate after the game even though we lost.
We need to leave games flow more and if its a foul then call it but one thing including my own Club do is harping on refs for fouls all the time on the line.
We need to cut this nonsense out and let the ref at least have a chance to let the game flow.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
RHB
Ref would be Niall O Neil (brother of Colm footballer ) but ain't a great ref . Everything by the book kinda ref.
Was surprised at that result. That Piarsaigh minor team were fantastic to watch. But 21 is such a difficult grade as most going back to college and have other things on their mind's.
Midleton on paper have a decent side but I certainly would not be as confident as some on our chances especially after last weekend.
I would have the Glen in with a big chance IMO but I make it wide open to pick a winner.

I said this before but last year's final was the best referee performance I seen in Cork for a while and I said this immediate after the game even though we lost.
We need to leave games flow more and if its a foul then call it but one thing including my own Club do is harping on refs for fouls all the time on the line.
We need to cut this nonsense out and let the ref at least have a chance to let the game flow.
fully agree Finbarr - the refs need to be directed to let the game flow. This guy last night was really bad and he was bad for both teams blowing up for so much petty stuff but then letting blatantly obvious fouls go. He ruined the game but it was fairly bad anyway. I saw a few of the Midleton lads down there last night and on this showing they won’t be too worried about facing Na Piarsaigh but they were missing two of their best players last night so they will make a big difference to the structure of the team. Hard to know if they have gone back from the minor team of 3 years ago - from 1-15 they have lovely skillful hurlers but Douglas out fought them last night which is very unusual and there seemed to be no intensity to them at all. I wouldn’t expect Douglas to win this out though based on last night. Stopping Turnbull will go a long way to stopping Douglas but of course that is easier said than done. Na Piarsaigh now have a second back door if they lose to Midleton which is a bit of a farce.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:

Have you still got the programme for that RHB ? I’m curious who’s over both teams ? Are Sean Og, Tony O Sullivan involved ? I think they were in previous years ? Sean Ogs name being thrown around in terms of cork management ( at some level) but I don’t see he brings anything tbh - Tom Kenny likewise - both involved with UCC freshers but achieved little with plenty of talent last year or two

I’d expect both these teams to improve significantly as c’ship progresses - early days really
Hopefully we’ll see some good games
And of course schools are back and Harty will be up and running as well - another interesting year ahead
Old 08-09-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarrog View Post
RHB

Some seriously bad refs around - only in it for their €30 - pissing off players is all they’re doing - county board would want to get a handle on it and sort it
Old 09-09-2019, 05:08 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indenetprovider View Post
Have you still got the programme for that RHB ? I’m curious who’s over both teams ? Are Sean Og, Tony O Sullivan involved ? I think they were in previous years ? Sean Ogs name being thrown around in terms of cork management ( at some level) but I don’t see he brings anything tbh - Tom Kenny likewise - both involved with UCC freshers but achieved little with plenty of talent last year or two

I’d expect both these teams to improve significantly as c’ship progresses - early days really
Hopefully we’ll see some good games
And of course schools are back and Harty will be up and running as well - another interesting year ahead
I didn’t get a programme indenet but from what I can remember the Na Piarsaigh team had Luke Donovan in goal Conor Bowen at full back, Ciaran Flynn at centre back, Greg Healy at wing back, Dan Gunning and Jamie Morrissey at midfield, Kevin Moynihan and Craig Hannafin in the half forward line and Evan Sheehan at full forward. Missing through injury were Daire Connery, Kelvin Forde and Kyle Power

Douglas has a lad called Squires at full back, Brian Hartnett at centre back, James Holland and Baldwin at midfield, Russell at center forward with O Connor and Niall Hartnett on the wings and Turnbull in the corner though he moved around a lot. They are a big physical team. Cillian O donovan didn’t seem to be playing and Ward came on I think.

Sean Guiheen is coaching Na Piarsaigh and some fella called Martin Barry is coaching Douglas
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I didn’t get a programme indenet but from what I can remember the Na Piarsaigh team had Luke Donovan in goal Conor Bowen at full back, Ciaran Flynn at centre back, Greg Healy at wing back, Dan Gunning and Jamie Morrissey at midfield, Kevin Moynihan and Craig Hannafin in the half forward line and Evan Sheehan at full forward. Missing through injury were Daire Connery, Kelvin Forde and Kyle Power

Douglas has a lad called Squires at full back, Brian Hartnett at centre back, James Holland and Baldwin at midfield, Russell at center forward with O Connor and Niall Hartnett on the wings and Turnbull in the corner though he moved around a lot. They are a big physical team. Cillian O donovan didn’t seem to be playing and Ward came on I think.

Sean Guiheen is coaching Na Piarsaigh and some fella called Martin Barry is coaching Douglas
Thanks RHB, I was more interested in management side of it
Na Piarsaigh should have a cracking team with a few of those lads, i had heard over last year or two that Sheehan and Hanafin not that committed but obviously got drawn Back in with Cork u/20 set up. I hope theyll stick at it - they have a lot of talent
Old 09-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indenetprovider View Post
Thanks RHB, I was more interested in management side of it
Na Piarsaigh should have a cracking team with a few of those lads, i had heard over last year or two that Sheehan and Hanafin not that committed but obviously got drawn Back in with Cork u/20 set up. I hope theyll stick at it - they have a lot of talent
NaP certainly have a lot of talented players indenet but against Douglas they were lacking a bit of intensity so I am expecting them to prepare properly for the Midleton game and give this thing a good rattle - they have 3 Cork U20s and 3 other ex Cork minors and a bunch of lads that have played a lot of Harty Cup hurling so if they play to their capability they will take some beating but so far they haven’t realized the full potential in that minor winning team of 3 years ago so this must be a concern. Midleton would have a very similar team and profile of player but big physical teams could trouble them.
Old 28-09-2019, 10:47 PM
PROC Member

Just having a look at the county championship programme on the cork gaa website, and none of the first round games for the premier 2 u21 have been played. Getting late in the year.