tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Mary Lou must go ! - Page 19 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 22-03-2019, 09:24 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
She probably claims that she's a size 8 in a dress.

Do you like well rounded ladies Duffer, as you seem very fixated on her.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 22-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice is yours View Post
So Mary Lou lied, gotcha
No, no - she just "mis-remembered" when speaking to An Poblacht in 2008.

She re-remembered her FF days when speaking to Journal.ie in 2014.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mary-lou-m...28796-Oct2014/

First record of Mary Lou in Irish Times archives is her speaking at FF Ard Fheis in 1998.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...oots-1.3388701

As per poster above - not really an issue. Only people with problem with it tend to be older, long-term party lags which may explain the slight bout of forgetfulness by Mary Lou above.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 22-03-2019, 10:01 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
No, no - she just "mis-remembered" when speaking to An Poblacht in 2008.

She re-remembered her FF days when speaking to Journal.ie in 2014.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mary-lou-m...28796-Oct2014/

First record of Mary Lou in Irish Times archives is her speaking at FF Ard Fheis in 1998.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...oots-1.3388701

As per poster above - not really an issue. Only people with problem with it tend to be older, long-term party lags which may explain the slight bout of forgetfulness by Mary Lou above.
Amazing that the Irish Times run a story claiming "and her earliest entry in The Irish Times archive is contributing to discussions at the party’s 1998 ardfheis" yet don't produce any of the alleged evidence from their very own archive. If the Irish Times are unable to produce evidence from their own archive, then who else is able to substantiate or refute what is or isn't allegedly in their archives?

Don't see what all the fuss is about whether she was or wasn't in FF anyway. And as someone who attended a fee paying school and who has kids attending a fee paying school I'm not sure what the relevance of that is either tbh.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 22-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Choice is yours Choice is yours is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 11,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
No, no - she just "mis-remembered" when speaking to An Poblacht in 2008
Shinners just Shinning
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 22-03-2019, 11:14 AM
CaptainSensible CaptainSensible is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Amazing that the Irish Times run a story claiming "and her earliest entry in The Irish Times archive is contributing to discussions at the party’s 1998 ardfheis" yet don't produce any of the alleged evidence from their very own archive. If the Irish Times are unable to produce evidence from their own archive, then who else is able to substantiate or refute what is or isn't allegedly in their archives?

Don't see what all the fuss is about whether she was or wasn't in FF anyway. And as someone who attended a fee paying school and who has kids attending a fee paying school I'm not sure what the relevance of that is either tbh.
I agree it shouldn't be relevant but would you sending your kids to a fee paying school not be frowned upon within the party as it would be considered quite elitist which is the antithesis of the SF ideology?
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 22-03-2019, 07:29 PM
johnmcork johnmcork is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Amazing that the Irish Times run a story claiming "and her earliest entry in The Irish Times archive is contributing to discussions at the party’s 1998 ardfheis" yet don't produce any of the alleged evidence from their very own archive. If the Irish Times are unable to produce evidence from their own archive, then who else is able to substantiate or refute what is or isn't allegedly in their archives?

Don't see what all the fuss is about whether she was or wasn't in FF anyway. And as someone who attended a fee paying school and who has kids attending a fee paying school I'm not sure what the relevance of that is either tbh.
This from the guy who claimed Denis O'Brien owned the Irish Times.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 25-03-2019, 09:07 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
I agree it shouldn't be relevant but would you sending your kids to a fee paying school not be frowned upon within the party as it would be considered quite elitist which is the antithesis of the SF ideology?
Strokes for folks. How people choose to spend their own money is their own business (as long as it's not on anything illegal). Neither my missus or I have flash cars, seldom go on foreign holiday, don't smoke, drink in moderation, and have two good jobs. We think that a good education is the best way for our kids. The pity is that in our opinion there are some crap schools who're effectively more into lion-taming and babysitting than giving a good education to each pupil in their care (not all students are interested mind). So we spend our money where we think it best in the longer term for our kids.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 25-03-2019, 09:07 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcork View Post
This from the guy who claimed Denis O'Brien owned the Irish Times.
Did I say he owned the Irish Times? Or influenced it?
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 25-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Duffs Duffs is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 14,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Strokes for folks. How people choose to spend their own money is their own business (as long as it's not on anything illegal). Neither my missus or I have flash cars, seldom go on foreign holiday, don't smoke, drink in moderation, and have two good jobs. We think that a good education is the best way for our kids. The pity is that in our opinion there are some crap schools who're effectively more into lion-taming and babysitting than giving a good education to each pupil in their care (not all students are interested mind). So we spend our money where we think it best in the longer term for our kids.
Does your missus have free use of her company internet during work hours as well?
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 25-03-2019, 09:35 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs View Post
Does your missus have free use of her company internet during work hours as well?
Not sure. Do you?

Are you (a) Unempolyed/Unemployable or (b) Self-employed

Asking for a friend
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Hired Guns

The Oliver Plunkett, Tomorrow @ 12am

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.