tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums - View Single Post - The Offical Rugby Thread 2019/2020
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Senior PROC Member

I think South Africa will beat Australia tomorrow, Argentina could well surprise New Zealand but the Jaguares getting to the Super Rugby final is a double-edged sword given that they are in effect the national side.

Australia are under huge scrutiny and Cheika could be gone even before the World Cup if these next four games (3 in the Championship and a Bledisloe Test v NZ in Auckland) go very badly. There are some good new players there (mostly from the Brumbies who were the best Australian side in Super Rugby, though that's not saying much given how the Rebels fell apart and the Waratahs ... well, just imploded after the Folau scandal); their forward pack looks solid but as always there are question marks about the scrum, especially against the Boks.

Foley at 10 is hanging on by a thread I would think, Cooper was pretty average at best for the Rebels though. They have a problem in the goal-kicking department which will hurt them in tight games no doubt. Back line can score tries and counter attack will be no problem.

Whoever wins between New Zealand and South Africa in Wellington next weekend will win the championship, though I'm not sure either side would be going full tilt at it seeing as how they'll be meeting again in the World Cup in two months.