Your Mental Health

I know little or nothing about mental health issues but an old friend checked out yesterday leaving 4 kids and a husband behind. Christ, she was a hugely intelligent, talented lady, but the demons got a hold of her and she never managed to pull out of it again. Drink entered the scene and deep psychosis kicked in. From the outside looking in you'd have thought she had everything you could want in life. My last conversation with her was a few months back, she was ringing having been admitted again. She wanted me to lead a demonstration in Cork to campaign for the environment and she had Graham Norton and Bono arranged to be there with me!

What a waste :cry:
Librium.

Sorry to hear that. Really am.

I know little or nothing about mental health issues but an old friend checked out yesterday leaving 4 kids and a husband behind. Christ, she was a hugely intelligent, talented lady, but the demons got a hold of her and she never managed to pull out of it again. Drink entered the scene and deep psychosis kicked in. From the outside looking in you'd have thought she had everything you could want in life. My last conversation with her was a few months back, she was ringing having been admitted again. She wanted me to lead a demonstration in Cork to campaign for the environment and she had Graham Norton and Bono arranged to be there with me!

What a waste :cry:
Was she actually suffering from psychosis though medically speaking?if she was, she wouldn't have known what she was doing.
RIP and sorry for your loss

That's to wean off alcohol but only if you're a bad alcoholic
No. Cause for reflection.

Not true. I came in with a brain injury from a bicycle accident.

I was on an 80 mile cycle, took my phone, 40 quid for food and keys (non descript).

I smashed my forehead into a kerb on my way home at high speed. Yes, wearing a helmet before anyone asks.

I do not remember anything. Woke up in a dream world. My brain was bleeding inside. The blood made its way down to my cerebellum so in the ride to London Royal, I lost speech, sight, limited hearing and movement.

Librium is the stuff of nightmares. Even though I was going through a divorce, I thought she might visit but I had no identity on me so she could not have known.

At one stage I thought they were staging 'Waiting for Godot down the corridor.

They pumped me, they drilled my brain to release pressure. Two weeks later I came around... So many questions.... numbers, pins to remember.

In short, Stuffy, Librium is also used to ease brain injury and allow the patient to recover after multiple skull drilling.

Just sayin

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼