Wuhan Wheeze

Mandatory Vaxxing would be highly contentious.

However, some action is required IMO.

In Sept/Oct, 25% of ICU patients were not born in Ireland. Over 57% of these were unvaccinated or had just 1st jab.

c. 15% of Irish Residents were not born here.

So this cohort is causing disproportionate pressure on the health service.

I think that we must consider following Singapore in not giving free covid health care to unvaccinated and also Germany & Austria in effectively applying a hard lockdown on unvaxxed people.

It's everyone's right (IMO) to decline a vax but it's unfair on the majority to expect us to pick up the tab or suffer the damage this creates.

I'd say the Vax passport for gyms will see most of the rest of the under 30s just say fuck it and get it. The stereotype anti vac crossfittter Joe Rogan follower wouldn't dream of missing a few sessions.

They've missing a trick with weddings though. Main outbreaks I've been hearing of have been at weddings. I'd you want to have a big ass wedding, it should be the same as any indoor event or hospitality gig and the Covid certs should be required imho. If you don't want the Covid certs at your wedding, numbers should be 50 max.

In Sept/Oct, 25% of ICU patients were not born in Ireland. Over 57% of these were unvaccinated or had just 1st jab.

I think that we must consider following Singapore in not giving free covid health care to unvaccinated and also Germany & Austria in effectively applying a hard lockdown on unvaxxed people.

It's everyone's right (IMO) to decline a vax but it's unfair on the majority to expect us to pick up the tab or suffer the damage this creates.
I think so long as we can say we wouldn't have any real openness in society if it weren't for vaccination then it think it's reasonable to have limits on services unvaccinated people can have access to, on the basis that these wouldn't be open if nobody were vaccinated.

A full on mandate isn't something that ever be considered imho. If the EU were entertaining the thought, a first port of call would be to pull freedom of movement across the bloc for those that aren't vaccinated.

93.5% of the adult population are fully vaccinated already according to the HSE, I would suggest that it would not be that controversial.

There does need to be some hard line taken with the remaining group(s). One of a number of things would be to block any unvaccinated person from bars, restaurants, airports. I presume unvaccinated people can't get elective procedures in hospital ?

Edit... funnily enough of the last three people I heard getting Covid, all three are Eastern European. I wonder are the HSE doing enough to get the message through to that community ? The HSE in general should target the construction industry, maybe even with mobile vaccination teams in coordination with their employers ?

I know two labourers in their late 20s who just couldn't be arsed taking the time off to go get vaccinated. One of them is a smoker, diabetic and already got the alpha variant of Covid.

Last edited:
I'd say the Vax passport for gyms will see most of the rest of the under 30s just say fuck it and get it. The stereotype anti vac crossfittter Joe Rogan follower wouldn't dream of missing a few sessions.

They've missing a trick with weddings though. Main outbreaks I've been hearing of have been at weddings. I'd you want to have a big ass wedding, it should be the same as any indoor event or hospitality gig and the Covid certs should be required imho. If you don't want the Covid certs at your wedding, numbers should be 50 max.
Many foreigners living here are regular gym users and are also unvaccinated, maybe this might persuade them? Some gyms operate on a system of no staff at the door just scan your card, how would that work?

Spot on about the weddings, they can be very hard to get out of if it's a near relative getting married.

Many foreigners living here are regular gym users and are also unvaccinated, maybe this might persuade them? Some gyms operate on a system of no staff at the door just scan your card, how would that work?
Many schools have foreign children.
If the parents are anti vaccination do we bar them from education......
How would that play out?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼