World Indoor Bowls Championship 2013

After the amazing highs of Lakeside for the BDO World Darts, I can hardly contain myself at the level of athleticism and skill on show at Potters Leisure Resort this afternoon. Wonderful event with the best of order on show from the thronged stadium!

After the amazing highs of Lakeside for the BDO World Darts, I can hardly contain myself at the level of athleticism and skill on show at Potters Leisure Resort this afternoon. Wonderful event with the best of order on show from the thronged stadium!

I got my hopes up that this thread was about Irritable Bowl Syndrome

Fantastic stuff. I've been a fan since the days when Embassy used to sponsor it and it was held at the Guild Hall in Preston.

Tony Allcock, David Bryant, Richard Corsie, Andy Thompson, Paul Foster. Great names to conjure with.

You can keep your Superbowl, the World Indoor Bowls Championship is where it's at. Should be a great tournament.

Fantastic stuff. I've been a fan since the days when Embassy used to sponsor it and it was held at the Guild Hall in Preston.

Tony Allcock, David Bryant, Richard Corsie, Andy Thompson, Paul Foster. Great names to conjure with.

You can keep your Superbowl, the World Indoor Bowls Championship is where it's at. Should be a great tournament.

Magic stuff Padraigin!
I'm not looking past 'Marvelous' Mervyn King for the honours this year, but the standard is sizzling hot. Any tips or info?
Are you heading over to this one for the final stages?

Magic stuff Padraigin!
I'm not looking past 'Marvelous' Mervyn King for the honours this year, but the standard is sizzling hot. Any tips or info?
Are you heading over to this one for the final stages?
Very tough to predict a winner and that's the beauty of it.

I see five times world champion Alex Marshall is taking on another former world champion David Gourlay this evening. Potters should be rocking. Whoever comes through that tie will be hard beaten.

Marshall won the world pairs title with Paul Foster yesterday. That shows that both are in great form. Both players prefer a long jack. That's the mark of a class player as it gives them the chance to utilise the full with of the carpet and sweep their bowls back in.

I see five times world champion Alex Marshall is taking on another former world champion David Gourlay this evening. Potters should be rocking. Whoever comes through that tie will be hard beaten.

Marshall won the world pairs title with Paul Foster yesterday. That shows that both are in great form. Both players prefer a long jack. That's the mark of a class player as it gives them the chance to utilise the full with of the carpet and sweep their bowls back in.

Titanic battles indeed! Considering taking the rest if the week off, as you'll find no finer sporting entertainment!
Heroes to a man.

elderly9.gif

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coco Comedy Club: Mike Rice and Guests
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th Feb 2023 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Drawing Room

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

View more events ▼