Woman murdered in Tullamore..

What's going on here? Is this someone separate to the fella in hospital? Was more than one person involved in the crime?

I’d say that’s the guy in hospital. Gardai gathering evidence.

What's going on here? Is this someone separate to the fella in hospital? Was more than one person involved in the crime?

Dunno, but I am sure the amateur detectives on here will solve it before the gardai

Were there any other issues raised more that once in the 171 pages of "discussion", I was away and have no intention of reading all of it. I would hate to be the cause of you banging your head off the wall again. ;)
Travel
Were there any other issues raised more that once in the 171 pages of "discussion", I was away and have no intention of reading all of it. I would hate to be the cause of you banging your head off the wall again. ;)
Where were you? 🤔

It is a very sad case - and such a young life cut cruelly short in such a brutal way. 😢
However, the very fact that there is such a huge - and disproportionate - media reaction to Ashling’s murder actually shows just how rare these crimes are here in Ireland.

I don’t mean to sound cynical - but if the victim was an overweight, ugly 50 something woman - or a man for that matter - as opposed to a very pretty young woman who worked with children - would the media still be falling over themselves about this case?
You're pretty much on the money there really. Unfortunately, that's the way of the world. I do think the apparent (we don't know all the facts yet) random nature of it does add to the morbid fascination of it. When you hear about a murder you think about the chances of the same thing happening to you. Could it be me next?

Tbf, if you're a man, you're unlikely to be much more fearful than you were before this case. If you're a woman and you jog on your own regularly it definitely makes you more fearful, certainly in the short term....by how much is down to the individual and their circumstances.

That's another reason it has grabbed so many peoples attention.

Not sure it was already mentioned due to size of thread but...Sam McConkey on Brendan O' Connor yesterday suggesting a radical reform such as men would need a 'licence' to enter social spheres. Compared it to needing 12 driving lessons to drive a car

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Ricky Lynch Band

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼