Woman murdered in Tullamore..

To think all the work the FBI put in to set up a behavioural science department to try take maniacs out of circulation before they do damage.
All they had to do is get men to sit their buddies down and say ah don't be doing that kid.
Murdering someone and making women feel unsafe or threatened are two different things.

One is considerably harder to correct than the other.

Some drunken runt of a student behaved in an abhorrent way towards you in a place where you should be able to walk without having to deal with such nastiness, no argument there, however, as I know from personal experience, when you are in the thick of a situation which could potentially escalate quite quickly, there is no point in adding fuel to the fire by engaging with the yob.

I'm reminded of that young man who lost his life in Bandon road 2 years ago, he was trying to act as peacemaker with a gang of highly aggressive young men, it didn't end well for him.

The real world is a very different place from twitter.

White Knighting on the INTERNET is a risk free game that anyone can play.

^

On point

For what its worth.

Matlock has told me privately she attended a vigil and I believe her.

Just as Id ask anyone to believe that a politician, any politician piggy backing on this is more interested in the positive publicity they can get than any real concern for women in general.
How good of you to acknowledge that you were wrong while at the same time acting like an arse...

From the IT :

Tougher legislation must be brought in to protect women from assault by men, but public spaces cannot become safe for women until men “change their behaviour”, the National Women’s Council has said
“We make [places] safe when men change their behaviour, when we have a culture that it is not tolerated when men can harass, assault and ultimately murder women,” said its director, Orla O’Connor.

Harassment prosecutions should be easier to take, including action against the random groping of women in public, which constitutes assault, but which is rarely prosecuted as such.

Practical measures could be introduced to help improve public safety for women. But problems cannot be addressed sufficiently without a major culture shift, advocacy groups have said.

A change in male attitudes – by those who offend, those who stand by and do nothing, or who do not call out men for offensive commentary about women – is required: “That’s what is going to make the world safe for women,” she said.

Men = Bad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Libertines
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

22nd Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼