Woke School Alert...

What percentage of students in CBC and Pres are scholarships? Not all scholarships waive full fees by the way
Dear God, it is like talking to a wall, one with a huge cavity. You claimed CBC doesn't waive fees, it does by means of a scholarship program. You were wrong, no need to go any further, the amount is relevant. Even if it is one or twenty, you were incorrect in your claim.

I don't think there's ANY elitist admissions policy other than the fees tbh. People from all over the place go to CBC.

And sorry if it came across from my post that people are prioritising themselves over their kids - their kids also can benefit from nice foreign holidays, getting lifts to whereever in fancy cars, eating out in nice restaurants, have expensive gadgets too.

It's not a case of parents necessarily prioritising themselves over their kids. It's just imho a case of where you put your priorities. I'm one of those that happens to think that education is a gateway to success and family members doing without the finer things of life in order to be able to afford school fees are a sacrifice worth taking.

Other people dont. People are different SHOCKA!

What's your definition of success? A high paying job? Wealth?
If yes then most would argue the whole point of striving for a high paying job or accumulating wealth is to enjoy the finer things in life such as nights out, holidays, expensive cars etc...
Where will your cycle end? Are you hoping that your young fella will be so successful in terms of wealth that he will be able to afford BOTH a private education for any kids he may have AND the expensive goodies or would you encourage him to also sacrifice enjoying life to the full in exchange for a private education for any future kids he may have just like you are suggesting you are doing?

Or do you view success as job satisfaction?
Because they don't go hand in hand. Some of the most satisfied people are not well paid and some of the most miserable are.
If your child has ambitions of being something that needs 600 points in the leaving well ambition and hard work starts at home. 600 points can be achieved in the worst school as well as the best if the child in question has the right attitude and attitude is taught at home.

Personally I think you have your priorities wrong. If it is a case one or the other in terms of private education for your kids or enjoying life to the full, as far as I'm concerned the greatest lesson any parent can teach their child is to enjoy life to the fullest because really if that is not the objective of life then what is the point?
The greatest way to teach is to lead by example.
Monkey see, monkey do and all that.

Dear God, it is like talking to a wall, one with a huge cavity. You claimed CBC doesn't waive fees, it does by means of a scholarship program. You were wrong, no need to go any further, the amount is relevant. Even if it is one or twenty, you were incorrect in your claim.
They don’t have grants. Feel free to prove me wrong.

You're very lucky. One of my kids went to a public school where a lot of his pals were going and it was a mixture of a creche and a zoo. Some of the stories were like something out of The Spike! Genuinely scary stuff. We took him out of that school and paid but always regretted sending him to that particular public school.
Does the young man have the well-renowned Soundman work ethic?

What's your definition of success? A high paying job? Wealth?
If yes then most would argue the whole point of striving for a high paying job or accumulating wealth is to enjoy the finer things in life such as nights out, holidays, expensive cars etc...
Where will your cycle end? Are you hoping that your young fella will be so successful in terms of wealth that he will be able to afford BOTH a private education for any kids he may have AND the expensive goodies or would you encourage him to also sacrifice enjoying life to the full in exchange for a private education for any future kids he may have just like you are suggesting you are doing?

Or do you view success as job satisfaction?
Because they don't go hand in hand. Some of the most satisfied people are not well paid and some of the most miserable are.
If your child has ambitions of being something that needs 600 points in the leaving well ambition and hard work starts at home. 600 points can be achieved in the worst school as well as the best if the child in question has the right attitude and attitude is taught at home.

Personally I think you have your priorities wrong. If it is a case one or the other in terms of private education for your kids or enjoying life to the full, as far as I'm concerned the greatest lesson any parent can teach their child is to enjoy life to the fullest because really if that is not the objective of life then what is the point?
The greatest way to teach is to lead by example.
Monkey see, monkey do and all that.

And your perfectly entitled to that opinion. I might just as likely think you've your priorities wrong - and no I don't put wealth as the definition of success. It's not even about academic excellence, if it was I'd probably try send them to Bruce. It's a number of things. And I never once pretended that I've the answer to all the issues - that just seemed to be coming from certain posters who don't like my choices for me or mine. :cool:

And as for monkey see monkey do, I've a daughter who's far brighter and much more copped on than I was at her age, or even 10 years later.

Interesting how het up some people get about where other people send their kids to school 😇

And your perfectly entitled to that opinion. I might just as likely think you've your priorities wrong - and no I don't put wealth as the definition of success. It's not even about academic excellence, if it was I'd probably try send them to Bruce. It's a number of things. And I never once pretended that I've the answer to all the issues - that just seemed to be coming from certain posters who don't like my choices for me or mine. :cool:

And as for monkey see monkey do, I've a daughter who's far brighter and much more copped on than I was at her age, or even 10 years later.

Interesting how het up some people get about where other people send their kids to school 😇
Do you agree with Donnchadhs pledge to phase out subsidies to fee paying schools in in government?

Ah don't mind me, I think the term "private school" evokes a certain response in some people, I've just realised it does in me!

You're raising your kids the best way you see fit, that's all any of us can do.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hollie McNish
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

9th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼