Woke School Alert...

I think we'd all be in favour of a "free" system that could be as good (or indeed better) at the coalface than what we currently have. But until that day arrives, many people will pay (or be in the lucky position of having their employer pay) for private health insurance and/or private education. It's a similar principle imho.
Private health insurance is much cheaper than private education though. And it’s open to all. Open enrolment is a key principle of private health insurance.

Depends on the public school. Very mixed bag.
My gang go to a public school and it's seriously good.

You're very lucky. One of my kids went to a public school where a lot of his pals were going and it was a mixture of a creche and a zoo. Some of the stories were like something out of The Spike! Genuinely scary stuff. We took him out of that school and paid but always regretted sending him to that particular public school.

Private health insurance is much cheaper than private education though. And it’s open to all. Open enrolment is a key principle of private health insurance.
Yes it is cheaper, but as I said, it's the same principle at play. And as has been pointed out, just like PHI, CBC is effectively open to all, with similar priorities of other schools - sibling attending, sibling a past pupil, parent a past pupil - apart from the fees - just like Private Health Insurance.

You're very lucky. One of my kids went to a public school where a lot of his pals were going and it was a mixture of a creche and a zoo. Some of the stories were like something out of The Spike! Genuinely scary stuff. We took him out of that school and paid but always regretted sending him to that particular public school.
Not luck Soundy. Did a lot of research first for both primary & secondary.

Yes it is cheaper, but as I said, it's the same principle at play. And as has been pointed out, just like PHI, CBC is effectively open to all, with similar priorities of other schools - sibling attending, sibling a past pupil, parent a past pupil - apart from the fees - just like Private Health Insurance.
A health insurer cannot refuse to insure you. A private school can reject an admission application. Very different.

A health insurer cannot refuse to insure you. A private school can reject an admission application. Very different.

If you want to deal in exceptions fill your boots - but availing of Private Healthcare where Public Healthcare is available is the same principle of availing of Private Education where Public Education already exists.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Muireann Bradley
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

3rd Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼